Scammed by Chinese seller and Paypal sided with scammer

kenstewart2005
Contributor
Contributor

PP-D-45211970 - thank you (sarcasm) for siding with the Chinese fraudulent seller! Seller advertised product, sent significantly DIFFERENT product and only way they would refund me is if I spent more money which would amount to same, if not more, than original sale for my shipping cost (seller would not cover) ... and YOU (Paypal) sided with them ... HORRIBLE service and you obviously support fraudulent Chinese sellers! I will advertise this to others, report to BBB, and anything else I can do via social media. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER (lack of) service! There is NO buyer protection from you, can't wait to pay off this amount and NEVER use you again.

Login to Me Too
226 REPLIES 226

Temp20201216g
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me and I paid to send the item back but they stated it was never returned and tracking stopped once it hit China so I lost my claim anyway along with the money to ship the crappy item they sent me back. This is happening more and more and Paypal does nothing.

Login to Me Too

Stryper007
Contributor
Contributor
I only bought the item because they were PayPal verified. Quit doing business with companies that are clearly frauds!
Login to Me Too

IwasSoldOut
Contributor
Contributor

Yup!  I purchased two halloween masks for $80 and one month later got two dollar store quality masks that very completely different (just cheap rubber - no mechanical moving parts as described in the sale).  

I copied all this information, showed screen grabs of everything including the two items I received and guess what?  

We received the case(s) you filed on November 12, 2019.

We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). This decision was made because PayPal Purchase Protection only covers goods or services that weren’t delivered or are not as described.

We're sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction(s).

Transaction information:

Dispute Case ID: PP-D-45801141

Transaction Amount: $73.90 USD

Dispute Amount: $73.90 USD

Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Transaction Date: October 8, 2019

I got zip and the thief company sailed away with $80.  I am now reversing the charge with the actual credit card company and plan to tell everyone one of my clients, friends, family and employees to avoid PayPal at all costs because they can't even follow their own policy and side with Bait and Switch experts in China.  

Login to Me Too

4x4albert
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal seems to be rubber stamping merchant scammers. It is against Paypals bottom line to do otherwise as they make a percentage on the scam transaction. Long term this will cost them as I no longer trust PayPal to have my back and protect me from fraud. I'm telling everyone and contacted several news agencies about the complacency of PayPal with fraud.
Login to Me Too

Dabel
Contributor
Contributor
Update on my fiasco with PayPal and the scamming folks at AZCozy. PayPal had closed my dispute after ruling I needed to send the piece of crap I received back to China at my expense (never bought it from China, bought and shipped from Texas). So I filed a charge back with my bank and got my money back BUT PayPal opened my case back up now. Wonder if they are now going to help the scammers even further.
Login to Me Too

4x4albert
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal has lost my confidence.
Login to Me Too

noorology
Contributor
Contributor

Just happened to me too. And I think the sellers are clearly exploiting these loopholes in PayPal.

I think PayPal has automated so much stuff, that there's no common sense prevailing.

Login to Me Too

GILLEOUS
Contributor
Contributor
What was the final outcome?
Login to Me Too

Dopey1
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Mr Paypal I understand that you have an obligation to sellers and I am just an insignificant buyer, BUT do you even notice that there is a trend here. If you as PayPal are going to support the crooks we as buyers can only protect ourselves by no longer buying from them through your portal. The combination is just too big and well organissed a gang to beat.

Login to Me Too

4x4albert
Contributor
Contributor
I will never use PayPal again. I was in the end successful in getting my money back but after many hours of jumping through hoops for Paypals amusement.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.