Scammed by Chinese seller and Paypal sided with scammer

kenstewart2005
Contributor
Contributor

PP-D-45211970 - thank you (sarcasm) for siding with the Chinese fraudulent seller! Seller advertised product, sent significantly DIFFERENT product and only way they would refund me is if I spent more money which would amount to same, if not more, than original sale for my shipping cost (seller would not cover) ... and YOU (Paypal) sided with them ... HORRIBLE service and you obviously support fraudulent Chinese sellers! I will advertise this to others, report to BBB, and anything else I can do via social media. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER (lack of) service! There is NO buyer protection from you, can't wait to pay off this amount and NEVER use you again.

Login to Me Too
226 REPLIES 226

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I agree 100%. Scammers know very well shipping costs from US to China is a significant portion of the transaction cost, no one in their right mind would spend more ot of pocket money (on the order of $30-$40) to recover $50- $70. (In my case, all items on scammer site costs $50-$70), a red flag to would be victims. PayPal should keep up with the scam schemes and revise policies to favor buyers instead of sellers. this is such an obvious loophole, no wonder we're seeing dozens of these stories here.

Login to Me Too

JENJER

COMPLETELY SCAMMED AND PAYPAL SIDED WITH THEM.

Login to Me Too

Autumn2020
Contributor
Contributor

I paid for a mechanical partial bed for $25.99 USD ($38 AUD) and the Chinese seller sent me a watch worths $5 AUD from Sydney despite I cancelled the order 20mn after ordering. Then they asked me to send it back to China for $18 AUD and wait till they receive it to get a refund. 

I argued then they said keep the watch and I can get 40% refund. Then they said 60% refund once I sent it back. So in total I am losing $18 AUD retuned shipping and $16 AUD from the item, a total of $34.

i found other victims on their Facebook posts. In Australia they sent a watch, in America, they sent a ring.

Login to Me Too

Kittylou17
Contributor
Contributor

The website of azcozy.com says they are in Houston Texas and PayPal is requiring me to send the product to China.  Nowhere on the website does it mention China.  So why do I have to return merchandise there? Because that way this fraudulent company wins and doesn't have to give refunds because it costs more to return the item due to international postage rates.

How is that a fair decision by PayPal ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kittylou17 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rebhill
Contributor
Contributor

I was given what I thought was a good solution by Paypal, but they withdrew the option (to send back the item and get $30 shipping bonus from Paypal b/c it was being shipped to China) without having ever told me there was a deadline. The only deadline in communications I received from them was 11/29, and they closed the case because i hadn't shipped the item back by 11/23 or something. I have a job! I can't just get to the post office that easily. 

Login to Me Too

Kittylou17
Contributor
Contributor
What I ended up doing was to cancel the PayPal case (they sided with the seller). Then the seller did refund me a portion of the price. Not a good outcome, but better than sending to China. I also report AZCozy as a scam every chance I get, and will likely pay with other than PayPal from now on.
Login to Me Too

rebhill
Contributor
Contributor

I'm going to go with my husband's advice and keep the wretched thing I bought and wear it as a costume.  I also report the scam sellers, especially to FB and Instagram, where they should really not be allowed. The outright fake advertising is scandalous. The thing i bought was ripped off from this ad: https://www.sundancecatalog.com/product/legends+of+the+forest+coat.do

Login to Me Too

Dabel
Contributor
Contributor

I'm wondering why it states "SOLVED" you your post?  It wasn't solved, Paypal decided to side with the fraudulent, scamming company, knowing it was a fraudulent, scamming company.  Buyer gets squat but a cheap, ugly item that is totally trash.  So by solved I guess it means "Paypal Wins At Helping Scamming Companies".  But......I got a badge that nobody gives a hoot about for being scammed.  Yep, that's solved, hahaha.   

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dabel 

Only the person that posts the thread ie the original poster can mark their thread as solved.

If they are happy with any advice given and don't need any more advice they can click to 'solve' the thread.

That doesn't mean others can't still post on the thread as it doesn't close it.

Feel free to post whatever views you want, thats what this forum is for. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.