Scammed by Chinese Company also

Lunabellina
Contributor
Contributor

April 13 was billed for my wigs (I was desperate) I ordered them from a company I thought was in US.

It was not. Its a Chinese company. I have yet to receive wigs. Emails sent to me from Chinese

company gave me fake tracking numbers for the Chinese Mailing system. (I checked) I have

asked to refund my money. They have refused saying I need to wait longer for items. I have

filed 3 claims with Paypal sending them the fake tracking number, telling them I have tried

to cancel my order which company refuses and I have yet to receive the items I purchased.

Why would PayPal side with the company when I have shown emails of purchase,fake tracking number,

emails refusing to cancel my purchase and refund my money.

What can I do? It may not be a huge amount of money but  when you do not receive items for which

you paid for that in my opinion is stealing.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Tbolton1970
Contributor
Contributor
Scammers will also send some small item instead of what you ordered because they know paypal will only require proof of shipment. This is why it is so important to dispute for the correct reason. You would need to dispute this as "not as described" instead of never receiving. You got "something" and the seller only has to prove tracking to PayPal in this situation. If paypal will not help then go to your bank and dispute it as not as described. Good luck

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Tbolton1970
Contributor
Contributor
I am sorry this happened to you. I can only offer you my experience in this type of situation in the hope you can get a satisfactory resolution. You should be able to dispute the transaction with the card company/bank that your card is through that was charged for the paypal transaction. They have more of a vested interest in making sure you are protected. If it is a debit card or credit card will not matter. Secondly, if it was paid via the goods and services then you should be able to reclaim your money. If it was paid via friends and family, you may be **bleep**. What some ppl do not realize is that is merely a way to transfer between two ppl and PayPal is only responsible for making that transfer. Little dispute ability in that scenario. Lastly, Chinese merchants that send their wares never tell you this but shipping takes on average 2 months. It may still come if it has not been more than 1 month. Good luck!
Login to Me Too

Tbolton1970
Contributor
Contributor
You can try to verify the tracking numbers via a Chinese courier called 17track. Most packages coming from China will have a different tracking number than what we can see on say USPS, etc. I have also seen some of them actually ship out the moment you dispute it with your actual card company. One last thing....I apologize, but apparently the first part of the word "screwdriver" is inappropriate for paypal. When I said that if you sent it via friends and family you are "another word for out of luck" they bleeped it out. Never knew the word I chose was "not appropriate".
Login to Me Too

lovetosell
Contributor
Contributor

I've been scammed as well, and do I ever feel foolish.  I have never had this happen before; I must have let my guard down. I had no idea the vendor was out of China; no where on the site does it indicate that the goods I ordered were. I placed an order on 6/8/2020 and saw it immediately processed through PayPal. I checked the vendor and saw it was a non-US vendor. I immediately tried to cancel the order, in less than 12 hours after I placed it, by contacting the vendor through a link on their site - that was the only way to reach them.  I received an email two days later from the vendor saying I would receive an email when my order was processed and ready to ship - stating I could not cancel the order if it had already been shipped. Duh. I knew that. That is why I tried to cancel immediately once I realized the company was based overseas (it appeared to be a California company on the web site). I contacted PayPal and they said I would need to open a case. I did, but all I could say was I didn't receive a refund. I have never had a problem with PayPal in the 10+ years I've used it, but they certainly weren't helpful with regards to this company. They said I have to wait until 6/21 to contact them again. In the meantime, the crooked vendor sent an email this a.m. saying "too late for me to get refund" as my items were shipped on 6/12 (4 days after my first attempt to cancel the order). BUT they had two items they were able to cancel... I'm guessing it's because they couldn't get them in stock fast enough and needed to ship the other items in time to ignore my request to cancel the order.

I filed a case through PayPal's resolution center, but paid for the items using PayPal Credit (Synchrony Bank). How do I handle this now? I have not paid the PayPal credit charge yet - I was hoping to get this resolved before I pay the credit card.  As I submitted my claim to PayPal, it says I can't do so through PPC/Synchrony Bank now.  I feel like such a fool.  After reading the numerous complaints regarding this company (Superlink Internatioanl Lifestyle Co. Ltd. / aka Lilicloth / small ebay at chivv dot com), I could kick myself for not researching them before I placed an order... something I have never done before.

Login to Me Too

Lunabellina
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for your advice. I contacted my bank and they have started a

dispute claim. I will be more prudent with my purchases in the future. Sadly, I sound like a 

silly cliche about being had by a Chinese company for products that

never arrive or arrive months later. 

Login to Me Too

Farleyfinn
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a folding chair & seat from Myshop.com using my PayPal account.
After waiting a month they delivered a cane (no seat).
I contacted the seller who requested I return of the cane.
I request the seller provide a prepaid return label.
The seller did not provide a prepaid return label.
I will not ship the cane without a prepaid return label.
I filed a complaint with PayPal for the $23.95 charge.
Paypal denied my case because I did not provide tracking details.

This is how the PayPal service protects its members against unscrupulous sellers.
They do not!
Login to Me Too
Solved

Tbolton1970
Contributor
Contributor
Scammers will also send some small item instead of what you ordered because they know paypal will only require proof of shipment. This is why it is so important to dispute for the correct reason. You would need to dispute this as "not as described" instead of never receiving. You got "something" and the seller only has to prove tracking to PayPal in this situation. If paypal will not help then go to your bank and dispute it as not as described. Good luck
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lunabellina 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment or that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Farleyfinn 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lovetosell
Contributor
Contributor

Question... I have never done a "chargeback" on a credit card.

I paid for an order with a Chinese vendor that I've been trying in vain to cancel the same day the order was placed to no avail. After reading how PayPal has handled these types of claims, I am not optimistic that this is going to be an easy or successful endeavor.

I made an online purchase on 6/8, thinking it was a U.S. vendor (my foolish assumption). I immediately checked the payment went it went through on my PayPal acct, realized it was an overseas vendor, and proceeded to try to cancel the order immediately for the next 3 days with the vendor. They got my request (I have an email from them) PRIOR to processing my order or shipping anything, but they put me off and stalled... it was very apparent. I then filed a case with PayPal's resolution center, asking for a full refund as the items had not shipped. PayPal's resolution center said they contacted the vendor and I would need to wait until 6/21/2020 before anything can be done. Today, 6/14/2020, I received an email from the vendor stating my order was shipped on 06/12 and gave me a link to the Chinese Shipping Co. 17Track (which only shows a package was handed off). The vendor then said 2 of the items I had ordered were not included - that they could refund those items (so they were fully aware I had asked for a refund, but shipped what they had anyway to avoid the PayPal case!). But they gave conflicting info, saying they could refund - but it would take one week; then saying they couldn't refund - that I would need to contact my bank and cancel "it" and then they could refund me. I called baloney... they could easily send a refund - even a partial refund now, since they claim to have shipped the rest of the order - via PayPal immediately and respond to PayPal's claim (as I know PayPal sent them a message).

I don't feel like dealing with this for the next few months. What a lesson. I wish I hadn't fallen for the advertising. Really feeling foolish. I don't want their crap and I don't trust this company at all. They have no integrity. I just want my $ back.  I don't feel like playing this game. I only wish PayPal would help, but it doesn't sound very hopeful here from what others have posted. 

I paid using my PayPal Credit account. I pay that account balance each month using my personal checking account.  I have not paid the charge yet as the charge was just within the past week. I believe PPC is now with Synchrony Bank. I was told I cannot contact Synchrony Bank with a complaint because I filed a case with PayPal (I didn't know how else to even go about this). 

Does anyone know how I to proceed with this? Should I contact Synchrony Bank instead, regardless of PayPal telling me I can't because I filed the claim with them/PayPal instead of PayPal Credit? Should I contact Synchrony Bank and request a chargeback? I'm not even sure how you do that! Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.