Scammed and want money back

Chanimation
Contributor
Contributor
I sent money to a someone I met via Facebook who was selling a concert ticket. I was weary that I would be scammed but I was promised as soon as he received the money he will send me the ticket. Well he received my money and did not send me the ticket... I am now trying to get my money back or find out more information about this person or at least have this persons account shut down before he screws more people over. What can I do?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Dian

Hi Chanimation, 

Thanks for asking your question in our Community. 

I am very sorry to hear that you did not receive the ticket. 

If you sent the payment as a payment for goods you can open a dispute for this by following the steps listed here: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ1344 .

If the payment was sent as a personal payment there is nothing we can do to get the money back, sorry! I would still advise to contact us by email to inform us about the seller. This way we can check if this happens more often and if needed take action against them. 

You can contact us if you click one the 'Help & contact; link at the bottom of each page.

Dian

Login to Me Too

JackMerry94
Contributor
Contributor
If I have screenshots of the whole conversation for what happened to me, would I still not be able to get the money back? He advised me to sent it as friends and family and I didn't think anything of it at the time and had no reason to not trust him.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi JackMerry94, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

As there is no Buyer Protection on payments sent using the Family/Friend option, we would be unable to assist you in receiving a refund. I understand that the seller requested you use this payment option but this would have been done at your own risk. Please ensure when paying for an item or service you use the correct payment option of Goods/Services. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.