Scammed and refund denied

padam1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Anyone can help me with that situation. I was scammed and when opened a case in the Resolution Center they denied my claim because the scammer provided a transaction number that has nothing do to with me. I went to the FedEx page and checked the transaction number and it was a different delivery, signed by a different person. So now I can't open a case again because there was no option for re-open the case. Any help/suggestion what can I do now? Or the Paypal system can be hacked this easily and nothing I can do about it?

Thanks,

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@padam1 

You don't need to provide paypal with the delivery address the item was sent to, only information that it was not delivered to YOUR address.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Teito23
Contributor
Contributor

You basically would lose the case even when it gets reopened but, you can try anyways and see if they would reopen it by calling paypal and getting an agent and asking them about reopening the case. Either way they wouldn't really side with you as I had this happen to me too protection is basically non existent. 

Login to Me Too

padam1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks man, this is very sad I hoped I safe in the site, I learned the hard way to not trust sites like this.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@padam1 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

padam1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks man, the problem the scammers are smart they didn't give access to the address only the city. So it seems that was delivered, the clue it was a scam the name is different. Also I called the local FedEx support and they confirmed the delivery was sent to someone else and the content was also different but I don't think they can just give the details of the delivery in written form because of delivery protection. So my only proof is the delivery pdf with a different name on it (not surprise a chinese name like the scammers) that can be downloaded from the FedEx system by anyone.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@padam1 

You don't need to provide paypal with the delivery address the item was sent to, only information that it was not delivered to YOUR address.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Papperka
Contributor
Contributor

Why doesn't Paypal investigate cases fairly?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.