Scammed and left out to dry

poorish31331
Contributor
Contributor

I was scammed on a sewing machine and then scammed by PayPal too. Machine never showed but 2 paper mask did Paypal said send them back for my refund $18,99 and then they denied me anyways BEFORE the mask were sent from my post office. So where is the customer service here?

MAY 1st machine paid for....never showed for 65 days and it was the mask. I filed a complaint and they said work with the seller..seller said they were sorry and they would sent another one. NOT USPS is still looking for it. Then PAYPAL said file a report with FBI so I did  then they said I had to send the mask back for my refund and I only had 2 days to do it So 18.99 sent them back to Hong Kong and uploaded the receipt  They had not left my post office and they denied my claim for no tracking number on the receipt. The tracking is unavailable to Hong Kong and I believe they knew that!!! so I am out the money on the machine and the USPS. 

WAY TO GO PAYPAL !!! I am closing my account because this is not the first time with them.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You obviously did everything PP asked, as unreasonable as it were (like sending back worthless items) and still got no satisfaction. What PP is doing goes beyond, unethical, I'll say it's down right illegal. Their thinking is probably nobody is going to sue them over a handful of dollars, I'm hoping someone would. I am lucky in that, even though I too was asked to send back the 2 masks (I ordered RC helicopter) I got, I fought it out with customer service rep and convinced him to appeal and got an exception, so I got my refund in the end without having to send crap back.

Login to Me Too

poorish31331
Contributor
Contributor

They didn't give me time to even ask why they said they did not get my proof and I did send it They just closed the case Now it can't be opened again their word is final.

Login to Me Too

oberlisc
Contributor
Contributor

Same happened to me, ordered a Workbench $20+, put in a dispute as the seller wouldn't reply to my emails, Paypal said they would contact seller, when I checked progress in my account there wasn't any, so after a period of time weeks later it says they will make a decision on the 3rd September, checking my account they closed the case in favour of the seller saying the item was posted and delivered, the only thing that I have received out of the unusual was a business card holder, I never ordered it, so after reading above this must be the Workbench, So Paypal is helping the Scammers scam members that they are supposed to protect, but then again they make money out of the seller in fee's so why should they help the buyer they make no money out of us.

There was no option on the case history to appeal the decision as the Help section states,

Login to Me Too

poorish31331
Contributor
Contributor

I couldn't find anywhere on the site to appeal the process. Question also The seller said they sent a second machine with a different tracking and they said that was the same as the first case so I can't use it.Now when I type in the address for the machines at that company they are not there anymore.The website is gone. I'm not gonna stress about it I will just stop buying online unless it is Harbor Freight or some place I trust.

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Also, stop using PP for any purchase. There is no value added in using PP if they do not offer purchase protection for the buyer, that was the whole concept behind PP being a payment processing company (sort of like an escrow company) in the first place. Now PP is operating like they're in cahoots with crooks.

Login to Me Too

oberlisc
Contributor
Contributor

I'm starting to phase out the use of Paypal, I put a good few hundred pounds of business their way each month from buying, they sent me a survey, when it came to the end of the survey and the last question was  Would you recommend Paypal to a friends I rated them 2 and when I clicked Submit iy said error you have already sunmott

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.