Scammed, and have proof but can't get refund?

Sashgnarg
Contributor
Contributor

So i just made a purchase a couple of hours ago, and as it turns out it was a scam. The guy claimed he was from the USA but the invoice he sent said he was mailing the shipment from Serbia. Like the idiot that I am, I sent him the money before double checking. I immediatley asked the "seller" for a refund (like literally 30 seconds after I sent the money) and ofcourse he declined. I called paypal to ask for a refund, but they said they couldnt because the package was already shipped and had a tracking number.

So I have the shipping number and the postal service. The postal service says that the package was shipped over a month ago and this obviously isn't possible. So i have proof that I'm being scammed and I informed the Paypal representative of this, but I still can't get the refund. I also have a evidence from our chat logs. Is there anything i can do?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

yu have to wait for the item to arrive and file item not described,if ebay,then do so on Ebay 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sashgnarg

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.