Scammed and cannot raise as dispute?

adam146
New Community Member

Hello everyone, 

I've been scammed and cannot seem to get a dispute through PayPal for this. 

I ordered a monitor from a Chinese company, firstly complained and wanted a refund as I did not hear anything from them for nearly 20 business days so I asked for a refund. This was refused as they then decided to add tracking information. 

When the item arrived I was sent a piece of bamboo! 

Honestly could not believe it, I spent $50 and now I can't get my money back. Has anyone else been mugged off like this? It seems like the companies are getting through loop holes by just putting something through a tracked postage to get away with this? 

Can anyone please help here? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Jenny

Hi @adam146

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post!

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with a purchase. It sounds like the correct claim to open in this case is Significantly Not As Described (SNAD). In this type of claim, the buyer is stating the item they received is different than they expected, based on the seller's description. You can change your reason if you originally filed a claim because you didn't receive your item, and then received the item but found it to be different from the description. If the case is open, you will need to click on 'Change your reason for this claim' and follow the instruction provided. If the case is closed, instead, you will need to appeal.  

Hope this helps,

Jenny

Se hai trovato utile questa risposta, lascia per cortesia un Kudos o accettala come soluzione. Il tuo contributo nel forum aiuta altri utenti.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.