Scammed and cannot get help from pay pal

Klalonde1
New Community Member
I purchase two Kayaks for 89.00 each. Same day a friend called me and told me it was a big scam. I called Pay pal and asked for the charges to be reversed. They put in a dispute as unauthorized transaction. I authorized the transaction so I don’t know why they put it in like that. Now the company did not ship my kayaks and I have received nothing. I tried to report, but since the put in a dispute for unauthorized transaction the system will not allow me to report the item not received. It say I cannot reopen a case. This a new case but on the same transaction. I tried to call customer service but no one answers and it refers me back to the website. Frustrated and will never use pay pal again Peraonally or for our business. It’s getting cancelled in a friends business too, as they are outraged as well.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Klalonde1 

Best to have waited and then filed for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described.

You can't cancel a completed payment, if you told paypal it was fraud then you were telling them that you didn't make the transaction and so that is why they opened a dispute for unauthorised for you.

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say you made a mistake then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lina007
New Community Member

I had the same situation.  I believed that I was scammed, and didn't find the right claim reason except the unauthorized transaction. Paypal denied and closed the claim.  How can I reach paypal and open a second dispute?  The item of course didn't arrive.  There is no way to contact the seller, the seller never responded.  Thanks! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.