Scammed and Pay pal telling me to return goods at my expense

molly_chick
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them.
I was scammed, like hundreds of other people (now i find out), by a Chinese company selling things but then sending u something cheap in place.
When contacting the company they laugh it off in emails saying its what u really wanted and worse scenario u will have to send it back and that will cost u half of what the price of the goods is that u are trying to get a refund for.
By this stage u know u have been scammed well and truly.
I contacted Pay pal and after a couple of weeks of doing what they recommend, i get an email from paypal saying they will refund my money BUT i have to send the crap (a pair of cheap sunglasses) back to the seller in China , have a tracking number on it and only once the seller picks up their rubbish I will get my refund. 
I have since found out so many people have been scammed by this company and Paypal must know of this scamming practice yet insists we still send it back to them at our cost.
I have emailed Pay pal after their decision asking them to reconsider their decision as clearly this company is a scam but i have heard nothing back from pay pal.
Can anyone advise me what else i can do to get Pay pal to give me a full refund without the effort of me sending the junk back to these scammers. The address Pay pal gave me to return the crap was all in Chinese characters as well so i couldnt send it back even if i wanted to. 

Obviously theses scammers know the average Joe Blow cant be stuffed going to all this trouble of returning their rubbish to get a full refund so this is why they do it. 
Anyone else had this happen to them by PayPal ??
Thanks

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

maggie012
Contributor
Contributor
They should have given you the address to post it back to in English but you can translate it with Google
Login to Me Too

molly_chick
Contributor
Contributor

Maggie , PayPal finally did give the address in English and the rubbish was returned back to the scammers but going by the tracking information, the scammers are not accepting it back when the postman tries to hand it to them.
Check out the tracking information yourself, u can clearly see its being rejected and going back to the Chinese post office or wherever the post take it. 
Aus post LK997324721AU

Login to Me Too

KAL100

Add me to those ripped off. I ordered 4 clothing articles that ended up being cheap ripoff items. Told I'll get full refund if I send them back. Post office says will cost 77 dollars to send to China, so that's out of the question. I thought Paypal was a reputable company, but that has proven to be untrue. I guess I'll wash the clothing since it stinks and then give it to goodwill. Thanks Paypal and Facebook for aiding in scams.

Login to Me Too

TJMilligan
Contributor
Contributor

I, also, filled out the Morgan and Morgan form to which @UncleG11 referred.  We'll see if anything happens.

Login to Me Too

DeLaBroquerie
Contributor
Contributor

There have been a number of people, including me, who have been scammed by this company.  Look up “Xingyao e-commerce Co., Limited” in the community boards. It is a “bait and switch” scam and PayPal is being complicit in this fraud as they do not protect the honest customers (I.e. you only get a full refund if you send the “wrong” item back with tracking, which costs a lot more than what you originally paid for the product you wanted, so you end up losing money and the fraudulent company gets to keep the money as most people will not return at a cost).

I live in Canada and I have reported it to the Better Business Bureau as well as the Canadian Anti-Fraud Center of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. I strongly suggest you do the same, wherever you may live.....we can’t let these scammers get away with it!

Login to Me Too

Lynne19
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly like you told yours, have to return junk to get refund giving me a Chinese address PayPal are surpossed to protect us I feel betrayed by them ...I want what I entered into contract with them not some cheap thing and then them to tell me that I need to return... I never wanted this item why should I cost to return so they can get more money for someone else ... It's unfair and un lawful to boot PayPal should act against hundreds of people who have been scammed .... Did anyone get a refund from PayPal after returning?????? Who is scamming who? Perhaps social media so get invved after all it was Facebook who placed advert and PayPal for allowing the transaction
Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hey people, don't bother sending the crap back to CHina, the address is bogus. They are just making the victim jump thru all kinds of hoops to try to discourage/thwart the case proceeding. The burden (according to PP) is on the buyer to prove the seller has received the return, obviously the seller does not cooperate and either give you a bogus address, or refuse the shipment. It's giant loophole and PP is leting it go. Read other posts on clas action lawsuit. Alert all your friends & family. If you have connection in your local news outlet, let them know (it makes a good news story).

Login to Me Too

molly_chick
Contributor
Contributor

perplexed_user , yep that was my thought when PayPal told me i must send it back first. I actually said to PayPal " but what if they dont accept it back after me returning it ?", Paypal then said i must return it before any action can take place.
Complete scam on both parties. 
Login to Me Too

maggie012
Contributor
Contributor
I was told on two occasions that as long as they can track the parcel arrived and they tried to deliver, it didn't matter if the scammer accepted it or not. You would get your refund. I'm more disgusted with. Facebook saying these ads don't go again their policies
Login to Me Too

Doctor786
Contributor
Contributor

China post made first attempt to deliver the return parcel with no luck so more than likely it's a fake return address.            

• 2020-07-2805:40:00Departure from International Sorting CenterGB
  • 05:40:00Departure from Office of ExchangeGB
  • 2020-07-2908:02:00Dispatched from Office of ExchangeGB
  • 2020-08-1418:56:06Arrival at Regional Sorting CenterBeijingCity
  • 2020-08-1609:55:50Departure from Regional Sorting CenterBeijingCity
  • 2020-08-1705:31:07Arrival at Regional Sorting CenterXi'anCity
  • 09:29:02Item Presented to Customs Xi'anCity
  • 15:18:09EMEXi'anCity
  • 2020-08-1811:08:56EMEXi'anCity
  • 2020-08-1910:45:38Item Returned from Customs Xi'anCity
  • 17:27:28Departure from Regional Sorting CenterXi'anCity
  • 2020-08-2016:22:15Out for DeliveryXi'anCity
  • 16:28:08Attempted DeliveryXi'anCity
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.