Scammed and Pay pal telling me to return goods at my expense

molly_chick
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them.
I was scammed, like hundreds of other people (now i find out), by a Chinese company selling things but then sending u something cheap in place.
When contacting the company they laugh it off in emails saying its what u really wanted and worse scenario u will have to send it back and that will cost u half of what the price of the goods is that u are trying to get a refund for.
By this stage u know u have been scammed well and truly.
I contacted Pay pal and after a couple of weeks of doing what they recommend, i get an email from paypal saying they will refund my money BUT i have to send the crap (a pair of cheap sunglasses) back to the seller in China , have a tracking number on it and only once the seller picks up their rubbish I will get my refund. 
I have since found out so many people have been scammed by this company and Paypal must know of this scamming practice yet insists we still send it back to them at our cost.
I have emailed Pay pal after their decision asking them to reconsider their decision as clearly this company is a scam but i have heard nothing back from pay pal.
Can anyone advise me what else i can do to get Pay pal to give me a full refund without the effort of me sending the junk back to these scammers. The address Pay pal gave me to return the crap was all in Chinese characters as well so i couldnt send it back even if i wanted to. 

Obviously theses scammers know the average Joe Blow cant be stuffed going to all this trouble of returning their rubbish to get a full refund so this is why they do it. 
Anyone else had this happen to them by PayPal ??
Thanks

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Yes this is exactly what happened to me , I didn’t want to send the doll back as it was worthless and they have got it to scam another person . PayPal said as soon as it was received i would get a full refund  That was a week ago it was delivered and they now say they are Reviewing sellers information 1D5EA76D-BBA8-47D0-A272-A39E2804B1B4.jpeg

Login to Me Too

molly_chick
Contributor
Contributor

Doris601 my junk has been back in China well over a week and still PayPal are not giving me a refund and just stalling me by not replying to my msgs for hrs , sometimes days, later and then the reply doesnt make sense , then i will get a msg/email saying my case has been closed due to i have exceeded the time frame etc etc etc etc , which then makes me start another issue with them stating that is wrong.
Its all just a game with PayPal and the responses back from them , whether its generated emails or not, is all deliberate. It has to be as no other organisation would behave this way to their customers.
As i have stated in a number of replies from this post, i now have the issue with PayPal more than the scammers !
Login to Me Too

maggie012
Contributor
Contributor
Facebook replied to another one of the ads and said this too wasn't against their policy. One more to go which will probably say the same. So the scammers can carry on
Login to Me Too

molly_chick
Contributor
Contributor

Hi  there, contact Paypal asking for them to reimburse the postage so u can send the crap back to the scammers . PayPal can reimburse you the postage money, they have with me , now im just waiting for them to agree to refund me for the junk i was sent.  (in my case a pair of sunglasses instead of a bed spread)
Im determined not to give in to these scammers and also to Paypal , who in my mind are just as bad as the scammers

Login to Me Too

oneoak

Paypal seems to be scamming me. I was told to send goods back to the seller at my expense by Paypal and then send them the tracking number, which I did. They closed the case and said invalid tracking number . It was Australia post number and was VALID. There seems to be no way to dispute this. Now they leave me with the costs of a faulty product and $19.40 in Postage fees????????????????????????

Login to Me Too

molly_chick
Contributor
Contributor

Oneoak, by memory Paypal did that to me but i just contacted them again asking why case has been closed. The operator who read my msg (hrs later!) then re opened the case.
Just insist on them re-opening the case and as long as u can prove with photos that u did post it and have everything they requested u to get, they will hopefully reimburse the postage for you.

Im pretty sure Paypal stuff us all around like this hoping we will just give up and not take it any further with them. I just kept persisting with them as hard as it was. It was so frustrating talking to them via their chat site but i was determined i was going to get my postal refund from them and the cost of the junk the scammers had sold to me instead of the real thing that was advertised.
DONT GIVE UP!

Login to Me Too

UncleG11
Contributor
Contributor

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I do believe that there is a conspiracy...

In my case: I ordered from a company called Adoreby, Merrell Hiking Shoes. I received nothing even close.

Facebook accepted the advertising and benefited.

Merrell benefited from the free advertising on Facebook, with no regard to their brand reputation. I requested copies of all cease and desist orders filed against FB for accepting fraudulent advertising. None filed.

PayPal benefits through the initial transaction fees and subsequently through their nefarious offer to return a pair of two dollar shoes to Malaysia for a mere $30.

What would be their incentive to stop such a scheme?

I am embarrassed to find the internet littered with victims of the same scam after the fact.

It might be time to look at a Class Action Lawsuit. A lot of unhappy people and the deep pockets of FB and PP are the makings of one.

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I advocate class action lawsuit (against PP for sure, no comment on FB, since the scam I fell for didn't involved FB). Someone knowledgeable please step in an initiate. There must be thousands if not more, victims out there.

Login to Me Too

TJMilligan
Contributor
Contributor

Count me in on the class action.  I was scammed by Adoreby as well on the same product, Merrell shoes, and have found PayPal to be aiding this type of fraud originating in China and Malaysia.

Login to Me Too

TJMilligan
Contributor
Contributor

I also filled out the form at Morgan and Morgan.  We'll see if it goes anywhere.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.