Scammed and Pay pal telling me to return goods at my expense

molly_chick
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them.
I was scammed, like hundreds of other people (now i find out), by a Chinese company selling things but then sending u something cheap in place.
When contacting the company they laugh it off in emails saying its what u really wanted and worse scenario u will have to send it back and that will cost u half of what the price of the goods is that u are trying to get a refund for.
By this stage u know u have been scammed well and truly.
I contacted Pay pal and after a couple of weeks of doing what they recommend, i get an email from paypal saying they will refund my money BUT i have to send the crap (a pair of cheap sunglasses) back to the seller in China , have a tracking number on it and only once the seller picks up their rubbish I will get my refund. 
I have since found out so many people have been scammed by this company and Paypal must know of this scamming practice yet insists we still send it back to them at our cost.
I have emailed Pay pal after their decision asking them to reconsider their decision as clearly this company is a scam but i have heard nothing back from pay pal.
Can anyone advise me what else i can do to get Pay pal to give me a full refund without the effort of me sending the junk back to these scammers. The address Pay pal gave me to return the crap was all in Chinese characters as well so i couldnt send it back even if i wanted to. 

Obviously theses scammers know the average Joe Blow cant be stuffed going to all this trouble of returning their rubbish to get a full refund so this is why they do it. 
Anyone else had this happen to them by PayPal ??
Thanks

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

maggie012
Contributor
Contributor
I have just received notice of full refund providing I send goods back. I am not happy about it. I did enquire about getting a refund from my debit card but they also said I had to return the goods.. Seems a bit unfair me
Login to Me Too

molly_chick
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Maggie, well im at the stage now where i have sent the rubbish back to the scammers like PayPal requested.
PayPal reimbursed me the postage amount ($21AUD) so luckily im not out of pocket there but im now still waiting , nearly a mnth later and constant long drawn out messages to Paypal asking what now.

I now know the article has arrived back in China and keeps getting "re held" which tells me the scammers are not accepting the parcel back when the post tries to deliver it to them,  so i am now going backwards and forwards to pay pal asking what happens now and just keep getting the run around from them and messages that just keep repeating themselves. Such an awful organisation to deal with.
Google this tracking number and u can clearly see what is going on . Australia Post,  LK997324721AU

I really have more of an issue with PayPal now rather than the scammers! But im not going to give up with PayPal as they annoy me with how unprofessional they are to the public..

Login to Me Too

Doctor786
Contributor
Contributor

Clearly they tried to deliver the item 3 times but obviously it looks like fake address or they are not accepting the parcel on purpose. Shame on paypal even a blind person can see that this is a scam.

Login to Me Too

molly_chick
Contributor
Contributor

Of course, its so obvious whats going on and luckily for me this is the address PayPal told me to send it back to otherwise PayPal would come back and say i was at fault for sending it to a wrong address. Its just so wrong whats going on with payPal. 

Login to Me Too

maggie012
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I have returned my package to China with tracking and signature. PayPal have said that as long as they try to deliver and the tracking confirms this, I will get my refund. I hope so. I got an email this morning from seller suggesting I keep my ring and sell it or give it as a gift and they will refund me 25% then if I wish to reorder after I receive their refund, I could. I told him you are having a laugh. I expect full refund
Login to Me Too

RubyGirl666
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the exact same problem - I bought a doll from China and now paypal have told me to return it to an address in Malasia. I am ready to throw my laptop through the window.
I have gone on all the sites selling the same doll and reported them to facebook, who say they will let me know the outcome.  I have since been blocked from all the said sites, and people are still buying these **bleep** dolls. Have a guess at which doll I ordered and which doll I received.
The seller will give me a full refund if I send it back, in perfect condition.  An I'll have to pay postage too

0 1 doll.jpgScreenshot_2020-08-19 22'' Cutest Realistic Reborn Baby Doll Girl Tara(1).png

Login to Me Too

maggie012
Contributor
Contributor

I reported three adverts to Facebook and they came back on one and said it doesn't breach community standards. I have been speaking to a girl who was scammed in that site. Beggars belief

Login to Me Too

RubyGirl666
Contributor
Contributor

I have reported many many facebook adverts, Facebook will not do anything about them.
I just keep warning people not to deal with them, and I have been blocked from all their pages.

I have now resorted to sending people pm's lol. I'm totally like a stalker at this stage

Login to Me Too

molly_chick
Contributor
Contributor

Rubygirl666 I am exactly the same. I constantly hound PayPal and it frustrates the hell out of me as the staff there are like from another planet. They dont even make sense with what they write when they reply back to you (hrs later i might add !) or they just repeat what the last staff member said, which made no sense either. 
My case has been going since June, just ridiculous for a lousy  (approx) $30 AUD . Im surprised they just dont refund me that amount just to get rid of me but they wont. 
Only this morning i have now received an email from PayPal saying even though i provided postal tracking details i was too late so my case has been denied. None of that even makes sense as my details were all submitted in the time frame they told me to do it and i have had chats with them on and off over it  , so guessing that was a generic email hoping i will go away ? 

I have emailed PayPal CEO (got no acknowledgement what so ever ) and now have contacted a financial ombudsman who is taking on the case but wont start till 02/09 as they want to see if paypal will come to the party first, which obviously them ba stards  wont but as i said, im not giving in.
Cant stand PayPal and hopefully will never deal with them again after this case is finished 

In regards to reporting these scammers in the first place, yes i have done all that too on facebook but fb does nothing about it as ads are still showing up on my newsfeed .
Think they are all in on the scam : )
Jackie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.