Scammed and No refund button

AndiTiME98
Contributor
Contributor

I have been scammed by a guy who blocked me. 

Now he doesn't answer me, he blocked me on facebook and even deleted his account

What options do i have ? I have opened a case and it told me to wait until 2 January.

I want to fix it asap cause i think he will transfer or use the money to other account.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AndiTiME98 

Doesn't matter if he does because if you win a paypal dispute and the seller refuses to refund then normally paypal will refund you under their buyer protection scheme.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AndiTiME98
Contributor
Contributor

So even if the scammer deletes his account or uses the money, i will still get my money back?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @AndiTiME98,

Welcome to our Community Forums. It would depend if the case you file would have buyer protection or not. I recommend filing a dispute first. Here's a Help Center article that can assist further: I didn't receive the item I purchased or it's different from the description. How do I report the pr...

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

AndiTiME98
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_JonK I opened a case and it tells me i can escalte this issue to Paypal after 2 junuary.

The seller still doesn't answer and is still blocking me.

Any way to solve this faster and get my money back? 

PS: I used goods and services method

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AndiTiME98 

The process is automated, if they say escalate on the 2nd then that is what they advise you to do, then paypal will step in and make their decision.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AndiTiME98
Contributor
Contributor

I stil receive this message even though its 2nd January : You’ll need to give some time for the order to arrive. If you don’t receive your item by Thursday, 2 January 2020, you’ll be able to escalate this to PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.