Scammed and No Help

CoachTooz
New Community Member

I bought a pair of sunglasses on what I thought was legit site. Paid through PayPal. Seller provided a tracking number that isn't legit. Tracking number says that it was delivered a week ago, but it wasn't. I have Ring security system, reviewed that no FedEx delivery was made to my house, asked seller to verify, no response. Seller doesn't reply on PayPal resolution to me or to email, yet PayPal closes case in sellers favor. Is there any way to escalate this scam to another level? There has to be some sort of protection on this sort of thing. Any thoughts on what I should do next?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

JeffreyBohn
Contributor
Contributor

Have to call PP. Go to Help, bottom of page go to contact us. There you should see a call us button which will give you a PH# and code to call them. Tell an agent what happened and have them track the package. Good luck.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CoachTooz 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.