Scammed, PayPal closed dispute immediately

krisz7
New Community Member

Hello. I have a problem with one of my orders on eBay (about 28 dollars, pretty big money for me). The package arrived to my local post office, but they redirected it to another city, because the address the seller stated was incorrect. They called the phone number that was written on the package, and redirected it to that person. They said it was a small package, but i ordered boots. The package is NOT DELIEVERED TO ME, as you can see in tracking details, its delievered in another city (My city is Perkáta, the package was delivered in Páty city). SELLER IS CLEARLY A SCAMMER, according to the post office, the person who received the package with the given tracking number said he got some stickers only, NOT BOOTS. Tracking number: LM171975533CN Seller: https://www.ebay.com/usr/ebe0zd-b2 I opened a case on PayPal, but it was closed in like 2 minutes, and it said they can't help me. I tried to contact eBay, but they said they can't help me either, because i already opened a dispute on PayPal. I tried contacting PayPal again, but they only answer to my message with an automatic email, asking me to call them on phone, but i'm not american or english.  Can someone please explain me what did i do wrong, why can't i get my money back? Help me please! 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@krisz7 wrote:

Hello. I have a problem with one of my orders on eBay (about 28 dollars, pretty big money for me). The package arrived to my local post office, but they redirected it to another city, because the address the seller stated was incorrect. They called the phone number that was written on the package, and redirected it to that person. They said it was a small package, but i ordered boots. The package is NOT DELIEVERED TO ME, as you can see in tracking details, its delievered in another city (My city is Perkáta, the package was delivered in Páty city). SELLER IS CLEARLY A SCAMMER, according to the post office, the person who received the package with the given tracking number said he got some stickers only, NOT BOOTS. Tracking number: LM171975533CN Seller: https://www.ebay.com/usr/ebe0zd-b2 I opened a case on PayPal, but it was closed in like 2 minutes, and it said they can't help me. I tried to contact eBay, but they said they can't help me either, because i already opened a dispute on PayPal. I tried contacting PayPal again, but they only answer to my message with an automatic email, asking me to call them on phone, but i'm not american or english.  Can someone please explain me what did i do wrong, why can't i get my money back? Help me please!  

If you can't call PayPal and if you paid with credit card, call your card issuer to file a dispute. PayPal closed dispute so quick because the shipment was marked as delivered.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

krisz7
New Community Member

I'm not sure why wouldn't it be covered in Buyer Protection 😞 Of course the tracking information shows that the package is delivered, but not to me. 

Is it really this easy to scam someone, and i can't even talk with a real person from PayPal?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@krisz7 wrote:

I'm not sure why wouldn't it be covered in Buyer Protection 😞 Of course the tracking information shows that the package is delivered, but not to me. 

Is it really this easy to scam someone, and i can't even talk with a real person from PayPal?

Of course you can talk to real person but you say you do not want to call because you are not American and not English. 

Call customer service: Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.