Scammed Emma Online Sales

seanconneryluva
Contributor
Contributor

So I bought two bench top ovens from this seller on facebook, used paypal as a guest to pay via visa. Seven weeks later, nothing arrived, THEN last week I received a tiny e packet (snail mail) with a worthless little metal ring inside it. Seller doesn't reply to messages or emails, so onto Paypal.  What do you know, seller will refund but only if I send this damn piece of crap back, will cost me....wait for it...$74 NZD to send back via registered signed for courier (we cannot track and trace ordinary airmail from here). Really??? Now, Emma Online Sales on FB NOW are Arabic, the one I purchased from is in China. Different addresses, different telephone numbers and what do you know, the Emma Online Sales page I bought from no longer exists...and Paypal will not refund my money, so this bogus chinese scam artist has both my money and (perhaps imaginary) bench top ovens.  They obviously copied a genuine seller of this product and sold fresh air to people. So much for buyer protection...what a rort.

Login to Me Too
43 REPLIES 43

seanconneryluva
Contributor
Contributor

Seeing all the other posts about being scammed from Chinese 'sellers', does the name Xiaoqing-kj ring any bells with you guys. I am wondering if they are operating under other names on facebook, e bay, etc etc. Same scenario as others, sent a worthless piece of junk instead of ordered item and paypal demanding I send it back at a massive cost to myself.

Login to Me Too

Mofo7
Contributor
Contributor
Yes!!! I’ve just found your post as I typed in Xiaoqing-kj to google. This is the name on the label of a package I received instead of the two sun loungers I ordered. The contents of the package sound similar - I received a (disgusting smelling) red velvet ring box containing a large gold ring with a white label attached saying “$128 1.6g” I’ve raised a dispute via PayPal and they only offered half a refund! Have not accepted this so I’ll have to see what comes back. I will be so annoyed if they do not refund me or ask me to ship the ring back to China at an extortionate price 😞 The sun loungers I ordered were from a Facebook advert (that’ll teach me!) I ordered at the end of May and nothing arrived until mid July, then this piece of crap turns up instead. I’d be interested to hear from anyone else with the same experience.
Login to Me Too

Shantily200
Contributor
Contributor
Me too ! I ordered a swim lounger and received this stupid brass ring !
Login to Me Too

seanconneryluva
Contributor
Contributor

Strike while the iron is hot Shantily with paypal....the more people who lodge a claim against these fraudsters, the better, good luck.  Paypal have set a precedent now with this scam artist and refunds, so go for it...

Login to Me Too

Shantily200
Contributor
Contributor

I have I lodged a complaint. Imagine my poor husband watching me open a jewel box with a man sized ring in it!!! Sweet Jesus! uhm no I honestly ordered a sun lounger that floats in the water LOL 

Login to Me Too

Mamac2020
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I've been duped too. Waiting on the sun loungers i ordered back in May and today 12th Aug 2020 received a small package opened to find a ring box with a cheap gold ring label reads 128$ 1.6g. Logged a complaint to PayPal hope i get my refund. Bloody raging 😡😠🤬
Login to Me Too

Mofo7
Contributor
Contributor
Sounds exactly the same as what happened to me! Did you contact the seller at all? Was the email ladislaad at... hot. Mail. can’t write all of it out or it gets removed.
Login to Me Too

Mamac2020
Contributor
Contributor
I have emailed not received a reply yet. But i also reported to PayPal today so hopefully will get a refund.
Login to Me Too

seanconneryluva
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, well good luck because Paypal are NOT interested, they said they would be closely monitoring the seller to prevent any further situations like this. HA! Can I ask, under what facebook name did they sell you the loungers?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.