Scamed, Resolution centre don't do anything and gives buyer favourite.

loveiseva
New Community Member

I just absolutely wordless because of pay-pal's action been using pay-pal for 3 years.

My friend tells me to receive 3*500 for him. and transfer him to his bank i receive a total of 475*3, and transferred 950 to him, and the last one before everything was claimed as authorization. I uploaded everything and told them what happened. the buyer didn't do anything and they just end the case to buyer's favor and put a -1500 on my account. Like What? I know there's a lot of cases like this online but I just didn't expect this to happen to me. And me as a pay pal user I did not misuse my account at all. I received the money and transferred to my friend through my bank account. This is the total reason that we would use a service like pay-pal anyway? how can someone exploit use this to scam and get away with it?. My company has had this happen to it as well so ye. It's just complete **bleep** up. Now I have a negative balance up there and I can't remove card or delete my account. What the hell should I do???  I don't even know how the people in this company can be so stupid to run like this, Look how many people got scammed in such way on you-tube and on this  community. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@loveiseva 

You would be surprised. On the net, you never really know who is on the other end. Scammers will do anything to scam, even pretend to be your best friend or mom asking for help so have to be extra super careful when a "friend" or "family member" asks you to do something like this. Phone them up or visit them in person and look em in the eye and ask if they really asked you to help them withdrawal money through PayPal. Especially anything over $50. Let alone $1500.

Unfortunately, you are held liable because scammers may have used stolen accounts to extract funds, sending money to you for withdrawal and transfer to "friend", then the account holder find out they got robbed and file unauthorized dispute against you because you accepted payment and PayPal or financial institution find there was fraud have to rule in other party's favor. Really sorry this happened to you but all is not lost, you paid tuition on a lesson learned.

You'll have to zero out the PayPal balance by adding money or any future payments will go towards the negative balance, otherwise PayPal can send your account to collections and you can no longer use your account. I don't know what good it will do but you can file a police and ic3.gov report that you were scammed and victimized and provide this info to PayPal when speaking to them about pardoning the debt.

To contact customer service for assistance:

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click EMAIL US or other contact options.

Due to virus situation, with reduced staff, response time may take longer

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/

Facebook (Worldwide): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@loveiseva 

You would be surprised. On the net, you never really know who is on the other end. Scammers will do anything to scam, even pretend to be your best friend or mom asking for help so have to be extra super careful when a "friend" or "family member" asks you to do something like this. Phone them up or visit them in person and look em in the eye and ask if they really asked you to help them withdrawal money through PayPal. Especially anything over $50. Let alone $1500.

Unfortunately, you are held liable because scammers may have used stolen accounts to extract funds, sending money to you for withdrawal and transfer to "friend", then the account holder find out they got robbed and file unauthorized dispute against you because you accepted payment and PayPal or financial institution find there was fraud have to rule in other party's favor. Really sorry this happened to you but all is not lost, you paid tuition on a lesson learned.

You'll have to zero out the PayPal balance by adding money or any future payments will go towards the negative balance, otherwise PayPal can send your account to collections and you can no longer use your account. I don't know what good it will do but you can file a police and ic3.gov report that you were scammed and victimized and provide this info to PayPal when speaking to them about pardoning the debt.

To contact customer service for assistance:

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click EMAIL US or other contact options.

Due to virus situation, with reduced staff, response time may take longer

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/

Facebook (Worldwide): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.