Scam

vilmukasiskauno
Contributor
Contributor

Iam being charged for no reason, the company is a scam which took money out of my account without my permission which I dontunderstand.Ibought a thermometer for 14euro once of payment but got deducted another 144 euro a week following.I would like to receive my money back as I read that ( Think Tech Sales Limited ) is a scam company and Is done it to alot of people and its still scamming peoples money without Paypal stopping them.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vilmukasiskauno 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

An Unauthorised transaction.

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

_Joseph_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@vilmukasiskauno 

If you want cancel a billing agreement that was charged to your PayPal account weekly check below article for the steps. If the payment has already completed, you can request a refund from the seller.

https://www.paypal.com/ie/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-cancel-a-billing-agreement-faq2254?app=searchAu...

https://www.paypal.com/ie/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-request-a-refund-faq406?app=searchAutoComplete

Hope this helps. Stay safe. Kudos & solved are greatly appreciated

Login to Me Too

jistlv01
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone my mother was also scammed by the company Think Tech Sales Limited. Someone needs to do something about this, PAYPAL cut their line.

Login to Me Too

annoid
Contributor
Contributor

I placed an order For an InfinitiKloud usb with ThinkTechSales on 6th May 2020 after seeing an ad that came up on a video I was watching.  I waited then emailed them, no reply. I waited, but no item received. The tracking they provided does not work. I tried ringing the Australian phone number listed and it was all recorded messages, and then said I rung at the wrong time. 

It's all Scam and Fraud. I have lodged a complaint on PayPal. I wonder if I'll ever get my money back.

Login to Me Too

harchi1
Contributor
Contributor

i was also  scamed by this company ( on 06.05.2020) , they stealed me 325% and when i complaine to  Paypal they answered that it was autorised transaction, big cheating !!!!

Login to Me Too

Marymc11
Contributor
Contributor
This is exactly what happened to me !?! Accept the first payment they took was around £10!?!
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vilmukasiskauno 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

An Unauthorised transaction.

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

robinhood12

We were scammed by this Chinese company too and PayPal rejected our claim for a refund even though we NEVER received the product we ordered! PayPal is just as much a SCAM as the CROOKED SELLER!

Login to Me Too

Prettywomen55
Contributor
Contributor
Hi my name is Gladys Vega and today is may 14 2020. I place an order of a thermometer on a Facebook ad on April 12, 2020 that was on sale for $14 dollars company of Think Tech sale Limit. I still haven’t received it and then yesterday May 13, 2020 and in authorize payment of $144.94 was taken out of my account. I called the number and no response I called the bank and I had to close my account and also do a dispute claim. I’ve message PayPal for the past week and all I get is messages after messages after messages I am very frustrated upset and I’m angry all I want is a full refund for the amount of $158.94 I would never in my life paid that much for thermometer. Yesterday May 13 2020 I realized after all this information from the bank that this is a scam and it’s false advertise on Facebook and also it’s fraud in my eyes. All I want is my money back that’s all I want please and thank you.
Login to Me Too

harchi1
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal should stop this company and refund us money!!! i was scamed 320$ on 06.05.2020 By buying infrared thermother of 15$ Scandal!!!!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.