Scam

courts925
Contributor
Contributor
I bought a jacket off the website fullmetalwear.com in a size 3XL. When it arrived it barely looked like a large. Their website said they have a 30 day return policy and a 100% money back guarantee. When I reached out to them about a refund they said they were "unable to do refunds at this time" and then I had a hard time getting a response from them after telling them that their store credit option wouldn't work for me. I opened a dispute here on paypal after multiple failed attempts to contact them but the dispute went in their favor which I am still having a hard time understanding. Can anyone help me or give me advice?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

LiamCaleb1528
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @courts925 

I hope all is well. First, I must say, thank you for taking time to use the community forum to be heard as our phone lines are currently closed due to the
pandemic coronavirus (covid-19) emergency. There is a reason why the claim went favor under the seller and usually the disputes team will notify you about it. I highly advise to check your email first for that's where they normally send the details, tho you're still welcome to file an appeal, this link may help you:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/can-i-appeal-paypal%E2%80%99s- decision-on-my-case-faq2050?app=searchAutoComplete

Hope this will help you, stay safe now and God Bless!

Login to Me Too

courts925
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for getting back to me, the message in my email was very vague and didnt make much sense to me. I filed the claim saying the item was not as described because the size was so off and the message in my email stated, "This decision was made because PayPal Purchase Protection only covers goods or services that weren’t delivered or are not as described."
Login to Me Too

LiamCaleb1528
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi again @courts925 

I appreciate by the way your quick response for this. I see, it is true that PayPal Purchase Protection only covers goods or services that weren’t delivered or are not as described not items that doesn't meet your standard, so basically that's the reason why this claim is not being covered. If you still want to appeal to this then you may do so. Here's a link for you to know more about covered purchases for our protection and for those that are not:
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

Hope this will help you, stay safe now and God Bless!

Login to Me Too

courts925
Contributor
Contributor
thank you for your quick responses as well and for explaining this to me. I have finally gotten a hold of someone at their website again and am trying to work things out with more information I have gathered about them. Thank you for telling me I can appeal this decision because I do worry that they will stop responding to me again. I do have one more question, their website does say that they have a 100% money-back guarantee, but so far they have tried telling me they don't through email. Do you have any suggestions on what else I can do now knowing this? in my last email I sent them I attached a screenshot of that section of their website and asked about that.
Login to Me Too

kevstover

Fullmetalwear.com is a scam company from China. They purchase fake knock off jackets from www.aliexpress.com for pennies on the dollar then turn around and sell for around $100 using stolen photos of jackets that are high quality in the $300-$500 range. What you get is a worthless garment that looks nothing like what you purchased. They claim they will refund only to string you along & buy some time. Once they've scammed enough people they shut their website down and make a new one. 

Login to Me Too

courts925
Contributor
Contributor
through digging I figured this out. I was lucky and ended up getting my money back thanks to PayPal, though it took quite some time. I definitely learned a lesson from this and have been much more careful with my money since.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.