Scam

Natashaleanne
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I think I’ve been scammed out of almost £400 through emails from service@. int.paypal. Pls help me get my money back I don’t have any as it is and I have a 6 month baby who needs clothes and food. I’m so stressed out

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Natashaleanne 

What happened? Did you send money to pay courier through MoneyGram or Western Union or something? Did you make a purchase and the seller has not shipped?

Note: If you sent money as friends and family, then there is no refunds/no buyer protection. If you shipped an item before receiving payment, contact your postie  to intercept package asap. PayPal does not ask you to pay a third party or buy gift cards in order to receive your payment or show your payment in your account. Always check your PayPal account for record of payment first before you do anything. If there is no record of payment, whether you are sending payment or receiving payment, there is nothing PayPal can do. Scammers send spoof emails. They probably don't even have a PayPal account to send you payment, just faking it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Natashaleanne
Contributor
Contributor
Ugh I don’t know what to do the item said it was delivered on the 1st. I have no money to my name I don’t know what to do what so ever
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Natashaleanne 

The only thing you can do is report it to the authorities since you have the shipping address then and have them forward report to the recipient's local Police Dept:

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk

Keep in mind that even if your payment is subject to a PayPal Hold, you should still see a record of payment. If you do not, you have not been paid, period.

You weren't ripped off of £400 but ripped off of your item. The objective is to try and get your item back through police investigate so you'll need to provide a description of your item. If your postie has a mail fraud dept, report it to them also.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.