Scam ?

Cheryl754
New Community Member

Please help me with some advise I was contacted through face book for an item I was selling by a guy he asked for next day delivery first class as wanted the item quick he then said “she” has paid to which the money went into my account he then asked me to send the item to “said” address which I didn’t think any thing of ! I then sent proof of postage as he also asked the next morning to which he then blocked me the money I received when he said I should have it was from a girl who the next morning after she had seen us posted it through him opened a case saying she hasn’t received the item I replied saying I only sent it today and had sent proof to said gentleman to which she replied I don’t know who he is you should have sent to my address on PayPal account ?? I said you had asked to go somewhere else she said no I don’t know who he is ! Throughout she hasn’t on w said what “the item” was she purchased just kept saying “the item” I asked on a few occasions what is the item she just ignored me ! Now PayPal are saying that I need to show I sent it to the PayPal senders address ??? I have been truly scammed here surely PayPal can see when I sold the item and he wrote “money should be in there now” that she sent the right amount at the same time ?? I’m worried I’ve lost my money now what do I do ? 😥

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cheryl754 

You really should read up on paypals seller protection policy before you start using it to sell. Especially when you are dealing with strangers on Facebook.

The only way you win an item not received dispute is if you provide paypal with trackable proof of delivery to the paypal registered address of the buyer.

If they wanted the item sent to another address you should have told them to add that address to their paypal account as a 'gift address' and then select that address when they sent you the funds.

The only way paypal can tell if an item was received by a buyer or not is for you to provide a tracking number that shows delivery to that paypal registered address, as you can't then you will lose the dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.