Scam

Saxon1964
Contributor
Contributor
SCAM BUYER!!! Buyer sent request for invoice to pay me £2400 GB Sterling Invoice with buyers email appeared on my Pay Pal account.  Following day pending amount of £2400 appeared on my pay pal account... established contact with pay pal for information surrounding pending payment unfortunately I could not log on to my account however assured Pay Pal customer service that Buyers email and pending payment are on my pay pal account..  Customer service inform me due to this being a large amount until tracking number is recieved money wi remain pending..  Goods sent by secure royal mail recieved and signed for... payment still not cleared by Pay Pal when contacting Pay Pal they inform no money In PayPal account they acknowledge pay pal invoice requesting payment for £2400 however state due to not having a tracking number on account they are not liable... pay pal did inform me that email on invoice is known to them as a scam email then going on to tell how may users have lost goods to this address... When challenged about Pay Pal not intercepting email from scam they inform they have now blocked futher dealings with this know scam address.. pay Pal inform to contact Cyber fraud with Police however Police will investigate.. Pay Pal dismiss responsibility.. Cannot claim money back from anyone just a victim of crime...  I Will seek legal advice surrounding pay pal allowing scam email to access unchallenged onto my Ligitamate account ????
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Drew

Hi @Saxon1964

We understand that being involved in a scam can be a negative situation. Sorry if this has caused frustration. 

Having an invoice pending would show in a different section than having your PayPal balance pending. You always want to make sure the balance is on your PayPal account before you send an item. If there is no originating transaction with PayPal, we don't have the ability to cover you under our Seller Protection Policy. Also, we are not able to intercept an email if someone sends you a fraudulent email. We, unfortunately, do not have control over the email system that it is going through. If you are referencing the email you receive to pay an invoice, this should specify that you have to pay the invoice. That would be an indicator that this party didn't send you money. 

We give you the option to report it to your local police department as they are a governing body that can investigate someone that scams you. I do wish you the best in getting this resolved. 

Regards, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.