Scam

G70
Contributor
Contributor

DO NOT ORDER FROM LiJ CO. Total scam. Ordered a Universal Cell Phone Car Mount November 27. Used PayPal for payment. Heard nothing. Finally contacted PayPal opening a dispute. Received 3 responses from LiJ Co stating my order would arrive February 2017. That was 2 years ago. Spoke to a PayPal Agent who stated it would be December 21 before my account would be credited. Never had an issue with PayPal... but now I do. Reading comments from the public forum this LiJ Co has been around along time with others being scammed as well. PayPal continues to do business with them.

Login to Me Too
65 REPLIES 65

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@G70

You chose to buy from them without doing any research first, luckily paypals buyer protection is going to bail you out by the sound of it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sammi
Contributor
Contributor

Yes LiJ Co is a scam. I wish I had seen this before ordering. I saw one product- the Tyme curling iron. I thought I was ordering that and instead I got a regular flat iron. I am returning it. I hope I get my money back. I am calling Paypal to find out why they keep using them.

Login to Me Too

bethlewis34761
New Community Member

I WAS SCAMMED TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I BETTER GET MY MONEY BACK THIS IS A SCAM FOR THE SAME CURLING IRON

Login to Me Too

Joeys_Mom
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a curling iron from LiJ Co over a month ago with Express shipping tracking number is useless they have a WhatsApp number yeah right, I've learned my lesson the hard way no more purchases from pop up ads.
Login to Me Too

mhhteach
Contributor
Contributor

I also ordered from this company and got a USELESS curling iron. It is so cheap I wouldn't even WANT to use it on my hair. I complained and wanted my money back and PayPal didn't back me at all. Makes me want to drop my PayPal account if they are going to continue to support these kind of companies. Obviously from reading other posts about this company they are set up to sell cheap products and completely scam the customer thinking they are buying a quality product. So....in the end....PayPal is saying we are the STUPID ones. It's all about money.....................

Login to Me Too

Xyxyxyx
New Community Member
Same! I’m so **bleep**. PayPal said I can return for refund-To China and it must have tracking. Will cost me more than the refund to do that. I’m out the $30 Lesson learned No more PayPal for me
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Xyxyxyx 

Why is paypal at fault for who you choose to trade with??

Paypal buyer protection can never be a 100% coverall, so in the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

chrismartello
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal will not support its members in dealing with this fraudulent company. I am moving my service to Propay. And going on a social media campaign since that is my profession.

Login to Me Too

CarmenU
Contributor
Contributor
Same hapoend to me, must return an unusefull item to china in order to get my refund, shipping will cost more, so pay pal is not helping much!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.