Scam

HM61
Contributor
Contributor

I bought some toilet paper from a website that looked like it was in the US. After I bought it, and went to Paypal, it turned out to be a company out of China, Weihongda Trading Co., Ltd. I immediately contacted Paypal after seeing online that it was a scam company selling this.  Paypal just wrote and said after reviewing all the details we have to deny your case. I have seen many people on this community board complaining about the same thing happening to them. I don't understand how Paypal would not protect their customers. I know you usually need to wait 7 days to open a dispute, but it seems reasonable that Paypal would want to know this is a scam ASAP. Please explain to me why you would not protect your customers? What good is Paypal Protection. This is what I saw online:

Another buyer said in a March 30 complaint to PayPal that after placing an order with pattops.com an email arrived with a link to view the order. But the link was invalid, the buyer said. The buyer’s bank statement showed that the PayPal payment did not go to pattops.com but to the Weihongda Trading Co. Ltd. in China.

Twenty-nine other people reported having the same problem. Weihongda Trading Co. did not respond to a request for comment.

Facebook has been brimming in recent weeks with such ads, and many customers have paid for their orders through PayPal. Neither Facebook nor PayPal responded to a request for comment.

Why are you refusing to address this scam and not protecting your customers? Please respond.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

Kandi_1966
Contributor
Contributor
I will tell you from my experience with PayPal over this scam website good luck if you get a refund please let me know how you got yours because i haven't had the same outcome. Because this Chris Chub provided a fake USPS tracking# for the trampoline i ordered they found in the sellers favor and not mine!!!! Dummy me should have known that a little tikes trampoline would have been more than 100.00 but i thought it was in sale!!! Never again will i be stupid enough to buy like this again using PayPal!!! What about customers being protected by them i don't understand this mess at all. Especially with so many of us who have been scammed by the exact same seller USFITWEAR NEEDS TO BE BANNED AND ALSO THEY NEED ARRESTED AND CHARGED WITH "FRAUD"
Login to Me Too

pachie

I bought a set of clippers from weihongda Trading Co., Ltd that was damaged and not to be what they described and they are asking that I send the item back to China at my expense or they can offer me a 50% refund they are a SCAM!!!

PayPal should be doing something about this!! I've opened a dispute we shall see how this plays out!

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@pachie 

Don't send back anything to scammers, you'd just lose more money.

Contact customer service via chat in message center and get to live agent (type "need more help" when you get that prompt), then explain and argue your case, that seems to be the only way to get results. I got full refund without having to send what I got (worthless face mask, I ordered RC helicopter) back to Hong Kong.

Login to Me Too

davefr
Contributor
Contributor

I did eventually get my refund from Paypal.  It took around 5 months I think.   They kept pushing the resolution date back again and again.   The last thing I did was send them links to others on the paypal message board who were scammed by this company and a link to a news article about the company preying on people.  Don't know if COVID was responsible for the fact that the resolution date kept changing or if that's just how it works normally.  Anyway I did get my money back.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.