Scam

ShealaSutton
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase online from what I believed to be morphe for a James <removed> set. When I received my receipt that was given it had an Asian written name through PayPal. This red flagged me because it wasn’t morphe like the merchandise that was being sold. So I automatically went to PayPal and they looked up the transaction ID number given to me and the transaction isn’t linked to my PayPal account so I was given someone else’s transaction ID. And I’m currently trying to get my money back but PayPal costumer service is closed do to the corona virus so I was wondering if someone could help me and direct me in the direction of solving this problem.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DanielSedda
Contributor
Contributor

if you believe your transaction is fraud and scam please : 

If you sent a payment but haven’t received what you paid for, or believe the seller to be fraudulent, you should visit our Resolution Center. We’ve developed several programs to help protect you, and opening a dispute is the first step to help get your problem resolved. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Resolution Center.
  2. Click Report a Problem.
  3. Select the transaction you want to dispute.
  4. Click Continue.
  5. Select either I didn't receive an item I purchased or the item I received was significantly not as described or I want to report unauthorized activity, depending on the nature of your dispute.
  6. Click Continue.
  7. Follow the instructions to file your dispute.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

DanielSedda
Contributor
Contributor

if you believe your transaction is fraud and scam please : 

If you sent a payment but haven’t received what you paid for, or believe the seller to be fraudulent, you should visit our Resolution Center. We’ve developed several programs to help protect you, and opening a dispute is the first step to help get your problem resolved. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Resolution Center.
  2. Click Report a Problem.
  3. Select the transaction you want to dispute.
  4. Click Continue.
  5. Select either I didn't receive an item I purchased or the item I received was significantly not as described or I want to report unauthorized activity, depending on the nature of your dispute.
  6. Click Continue.
  7. Follow the instructions to file your dispute.
Login to Me Too

ShealaSutton
Contributor
Contributor
The purchase isn’t in my active purchases through PayPal. but it’s in my bank statement with a PayPal transaction and I have a PayPal receipt. but it’s not showing on my PayPal account, I spoke with a paypal worker through chat they said the transaction ID I was given was linked to another account
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.