Scam

G70
Contributor
Contributor

DO NOT ORDER FROM LiJ CO. Total scam. Ordered a Universal Cell Phone Car Mount November 27. Used PayPal for payment. Heard nothing. Finally contacted PayPal opening a dispute. Received 3 responses from LiJ Co stating my order would arrive February 2017. That was 2 years ago. Spoke to a PayPal Agent who stated it would be December 21 before my account would be credited. Never had an issue with PayPal... but now I do. Reading comments from the public forum this LiJ Co has been around along time with others being scammed as well. PayPal continues to do business with them.

Login to Me Too
65 REPLIES 65

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lbotts72 

Social media + great photos but cheap prices = Chinese tat.

Never buy from a 'site' that gives you no return policy / no real contact info apart from an email.

Paypal buyer protection can never be a 100% coverall and its not a warranty or insurance policy.

So in the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Zimmermane
Contributor
Contributor

Well, reading a few of the posts here it seems at least people have actually bought from this company...I didn't

I just found out money was transferred from my paypal account to their account without me having any knowledge, until the transaction notification from paypal.

Luckily the transaction was made on an expired card, so it didn't go through. I have since changed my login details, and notified paypal, but if this company has been around for years, the something is terribly wrong!

Good luck folks...Zim

Login to Me Too

Zimmermane
Contributor
Contributor
Ok so bit of an update...Turns out my Wife did buy some products from this company, so many apologies for the original list!! Still can't believe she spent about €100 on silly items from a company with numerous issues logged against them:-( I really hope the items arrive, as confidence in this company seems to be very low. Will keep you all posted with details.
Login to Me Too

Terry3132
Contributor
Contributor
Happened to me was able to provide info from Australia Post that parcel was. Ever received Paypal sided with the seller because a 3rd party said it was delivered. I think more disappointed with Paypal fir not having a system in place that warns people that the seller has a bad reputation at payment tome. Considering all the bad references on here they need to take sone responsibility
Login to Me Too

VeroKhan87
New Community Member

Well Crap - an ad came up on my Instagram for a camera accessory and I've ordered from Instagram ads before without a problem. I hadn't heard back from this vendor and decided to plug in the email address and sure enough, a bunch of fraud stuff came up. What should I do?

Login to Me Too

GBaci1
Contributor
Contributor

LiJ Co is ba-ack as ***.com. Pedding the same old scams and using Paypal as a payment tool -- PayPal when are you going to stop allowing scammers to rip off consumers? Link to new landing page with new url: 

Buyer beware.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.