Scam with digital activation code (game) for Steam

KATERRR
Contributor
Contributor

Dear community,

I was buying a activation key for PUBG on steam. Some pretty solid steam profile addded me and offer me a pubg activation key for 10 euros. I was a little bit confused that it is a great offer but as the steam profile looked really legit I was like okay lets do it. I sent money and the guy deleted me immediately.

I was tricked into a scam I sent a payment and the seller automatically deleted me/blocked me on steam. I was scammed. I have also evidence (full chat with the seller I can provide it).
Iam a log term user of paypal I made a lots of transaction and Iam using this platform on almost monthly basis. This is first time I had a issue with a scam attempt.

Is there any chance that my money will be refunded. I already opened a refund case but it only allow me to send a message to that scammer. I think my money are already gone. My payment was sent as a payment for goods or digital products.

please help me how I am able to resolve my problem I dont want to lose my money.

Thank you very much

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@KATERRR

If you're not able to resolve the dispute with the seller than you should be able to escalate the dispute to a claim.

Here is a PayPal link. The details on escalating a dispute are under "What's Next?"

https://www.paypal.com/sk/selfhelp/article/i-didn't-receive-the-item-i-purchased-or-it's-different-f...

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@KATERRR

If you're not able to resolve the dispute with the seller than you should be able to escalate the dispute to a claim.

Here is a PayPal link. The details on escalating a dispute are under "What's Next?"

https://www.paypal.com/sk/selfhelp/article/i-didn't-receive-the-item-i-purchased-or-it's-different-f...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.