Scam website

Mundokev
Contributor
Contributor

Recently opened a case for an item I bought online from a site that appears to be a scam. The seller has not responded to messages posted via website or emails I have sent to cancel the order (if it exists that is)

No receipt was issued after the purchase and I am now trying to get the pending payment cancelled

The site is as follows

http://joomi.top/

It is posing as a KithenAid site and it is not secure which is why I have changed now my paypal password

The paypal link to the tracking number comes back as invalid as well which is looking more and more like a scam site

So glad I used paypal credit so I have at least a chance of getting the money back

Has anyone come across this site or had this experience before ?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Mundokev
Contributor
Contributor

Been doing some digging and it appears the site was registered 4 weeks ago and is based in bulgaria, but judging by recent posts on scam websites it is not looking good for me getting my money back, as it looks like if the seller provides a tracking number then that is it, even though the tracking number is invalid

Fingers crossed

Login to Me Too

Yay20
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a brother sewing machine from this website for £69.99 on the 9th of June, I didn’t have any receipt, information from them, so I cancelled it with a few hours on their website again no confirmation, then I found PayPal has charged me for that amount and went through purchase process,  I couldn’t stop it, the seller was communicated with PayPal ONLY provided PayPal with tracking number from China, no details of the purchase, the tracking number showed delivered but I haven’t received the sewing machine,, I made a complaint and escalated the case to non-receipt and is now under review. I reported to PayPal about this website which is closedown now and stated my concerns as there is no reply from seller to the email that was provided to PayPal ONLY but PayPal didn’t stop the payment moreover their investigators  didn’t ask for a prove of communication with buyer, details of the item, prove of receiving the item and didn’t bother to check the legitimate of the website. I am awaiting for their review but I am very disappointed as the seller was able to use PayPal portal and played its rules to scam buyers I have also contacted my bank to do more digging and will try legal action to get my money back..

Login to Me Too

Mundokev
Contributor
Contributor

I feel the same pain

I hope Paypal will see what is happening with these scam sites and take the right action

I have since bought the same item from another retailer, so hopefully, I can get my money back

If not I may have to do the same as you and seek legal action on this (hopefully not)

Surely there must be lots and lots of these incidents appearing on Paypals desks for investigation

Fingers crossed

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mundokev 

If it stays pending then it should time out 30 days post payment.

If it completes then open a dispute for non receipt of item or whatever is appropriate.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mundokev
Contributor
Contributor

I have found how this site is scamming buyers and fooling paypal

I currently have a claim open for this and after some digging I found the site to be a scam, but the part I did not understand is how they managed to get tracking details to show it was delivered.

It appears the UK leg of the transport arrangements use Hermes and after scanning an unexpected package (which I never ordered) from Hermes it shows the exact time and date delivered that is on the international chinese tracking site as well

The problem is the package only contained a woman's necklace with a net worth of about £2

I have tried to speak to someone on the claims team to get them this information, but the chat agent just says the case is being investigated.

My worry is that they see the delivered status and close the case in the sellers favour, meaning I lose my money.

If that happens then I will have to take some other legal action to try and get my money back.

I can easily spot the same sites that use this scam now and they are usually not secure and use the same copyright images of products taken from legitimate sites

I knew this would drag on, which it is doing, which is why I asked for a refund before the package was sent

Any communications with the scam site joomi.top are now impossible as the site has been closed down (not that they replied to any message or emails anyway

I really could do without all this hassle at the moment

Login to Me Too

Mundokev
Contributor
Contributor

Forgot to mention that the item I originally ordered was a Brother Sewing Machine costing £69.99

Login to Me Too

Yay20
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal simply ignored us. It is amazing that Paypal keeps standing on the scammer side, ignoring the alerts, and continuing to encourage the scam. Now the scammer continue to scam with different company names, and what do PayPal do? Nothing! Buyers protection is a joke 

Login to Me Too

Yay20
Contributor
Contributor

It seems that Joomi.top is not claimed by any Real person, which makes this site a non-legitimate site. scammers use PayPal portal to make their site looks legitimate and their number is rising day by day, Other similar sites to Joomi.top, are Zinnialive, Kitchooker, Shhkx, and fkfkf. There is more information published on the 11th of June see below please regarding this scam, 

https://wisdomganga.com/joomi-top-review-is-joomi-top-scam-site/?fbclid=IwAR1nDyHHNzHfijechaEJhbcJsS...

As a buyer if you find a good deal and you decide to buy, the site instructs you to pay through PayPal, which should provide extra security and this is the new scam involving fake tracking codes to make it looks legitimate so far. If you purchase then after 
a few days, you log onto the site and see that your package has been delivered. OK, you ask, where?  But no package arrives. It's not been delivered to your house. You try to claim non-receipt, BUT the scammer technically shipped the package and the tracking number marked it as delivered, so PayPal will reject your claim. It is online purchase nightmare, I am sure by now PayPal is aware of this particular situation, so what do they do about us” the victims?

https://wisdomganga.com/joomi-top-review-is-joomi-top-scam-site/?fbclid=IwAR1nDyHHNzHfijechaEJhbcJsS...

Login to Me Too

Mundokev
Contributor
Contributor

I am looking at further legal action as an option in case paypal decide that the seller sending me a completely different item from what I ordered, is given in their favour

I mean a woman's necklace worth about £2 instead of a sewing machine costing £69.99 are very different in my opinion

As I have provided written proof and other documentation (screenshots and pictures) proving my case, I would have hoped it would have been sorted by now.

If the scamming seller says they sent the sewing machine then surely they should prove it

I have had to buy another sewing machine from another retailer, so this is might be one helluva expensive machine when I have done

Anyhow, been looking at the Financial Ombudsman as a starting place if things go south on this one

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.