Scam webpage.

andrek666
Contributor
Contributor

I had a misfortune to buy an item on a scam webpage (just google decorsdaydotcom scam, fraud). Paid with Paypal, the item was shipped by UPS and delivered, except I've never got it. I was able to track UPS delivery and they delivered the package to a different address, and a different recipient. The seller actually sent it to someone else - probably his partner-in-crime. I attempted twice to open a dispute and twice Paypal closed it. The first time, because they said the item was shipped. The second time because they stated that Purchase Protection doesn't include this item (no further explanation given). That sucks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andrek666 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andrek666 

Was the item covered by buyer protection then as you have not said what it was.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

andrek666
Contributor
Contributor

It was a JET Systems 1/4 ton Mini Lift. It weighs about 5 lbs. I wanted to use it to lift a small machine on top of a bench. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andrek666 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

andrek666
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you! I asked the UPS for detailed information based on my claim that I have not received the package. They sent me a letter stating that the package was delivered to a different address. I then contacted Paypal again using their messaging center and after providing them a copy of the UPS letter my previously closed case has been closed again. but this time in my favor. I am getting the full refund :). Problem has been resolved to my satisfaction.

The key was getting the UPS to investigate what happened with the package. Their website states that the investigation can only be instigated by the sender, which in this case was not possible. But, as I found out with some more persistence, it is also possible for the receiver to file a claim.

Login to Me Too

andrek666
Contributor
Contributor

I should also add, that I reported the scamming webpage (decorsday.com) on the US government site (FBI). Suggested they also look at another website that is almost a carbon copy of the first (ouelam.com). I hope they will shut them down. 

I would also think, that it would be prudent for Paypal to at least flag all email addresses from the domain of the scammer (163.com). It appears it is located in China... hmmm.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.