Scam site?

chris84wilson
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had any dealings with Usnotion.com ? I just bought a power tool from them as its cheaper than elsewhere but immediately thought id been scammed.. I haven't received any confirmation or shipping info and the company name is in chinese..

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chris84wilson 

Doesn't look very good. Please do research on website first before buying. If you find little to no info/reviews, best to keep it movin'. Cheap is not always good. End up paying more in hassle and return expenses anyway.

Locate payment transaction in your PayPal account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" to file an Item Not Received (INR) dispute. Seller has to provide proof of delivery to win case. If proof of delivery is fake, you'll have to go through the motions of finding the official evidence from shipping company, filing police and ic3.gov reports and pdf them all to the dispute.

If item arrives and it is Significantly Not As Described (SNAD), you are able to change claim from INR to SNAD. You will be responsible for return shipping in order to get refund. That's how PayPal resolves SNADs.

PayPal has refunded returns:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

If PayPal dispute is not working out, you may forfeit that and dispute with your credit card company.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
44 REPLIES 44
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chris84wilson 

Doesn't look very good. Please do research on website first before buying. If you find little to no info/reviews, best to keep it movin'. Cheap is not always good. End up paying more in hassle and return expenses anyway.

Locate payment transaction in your PayPal account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" to file an Item Not Received (INR) dispute. Seller has to provide proof of delivery to win case. If proof of delivery is fake, you'll have to go through the motions of finding the official evidence from shipping company, filing police and ic3.gov reports and pdf them all to the dispute.

If item arrives and it is Significantly Not As Described (SNAD), you are able to change claim from INR to SNAD. You will be responsible for return shipping in order to get refund. That's how PayPal resolves SNADs.

PayPal has refunded returns:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

If PayPal dispute is not working out, you may forfeit that and dispute with your credit card company.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Durhamct
Contributor
Contributor
If PayPal did a full investigation, they would order the same power tools from USNOTION. But they won't, it much easier to trust the words of a Scam Site rather than the Consumer. PayPal order something from USNOTION, I DARE you!!!
Login to Me Too

rocky5150
Contributor
Contributor

I agree. I'm going through a dispute right now with usnotion.com and PayPal. I have said over and over (only to get blasted by a bunch of know it alls) that PayPal should do something to find out the truth about these so called companies. Most customers/consumers expect to get an honest deal when going through PayPal. I realized it's hard to keep up with all the scams but somehow other companies and sites and banks seem to do it, or at least try. I just think PayPal has dropped the ball in letting so many people get scammed through their money transfer business. It seems like the money and not the products get transferred or delivered. 

My name is Robbie Matthews and I'm **bleep**. 

Login to Me Too

Amandalair17
Contributor
Contributor
I just bought tools last night from them and I am wondering the same. Did you ever get a email confirmation with tracking info?
Login to Me Too

chris84wilson
Contributor
Contributor
I have had no emails or confirmation since. Did you get any response?
Login to Me Too

DawniMai
Contributor
Contributor

This IS a scam site. $65 and PayPal has no record of my purchase. I have a very realistic email from “PayPal” claiming I did buy it. It “arrived” according to the Post Office (not sure it really even was the USPS at this point) but not to the address I gave them (which was on my supposed invoice email.

Login to Me Too

Handy1arnwald
Contributor
Contributor
The tracking number is the scam.they send a worthless package to an address in your township, not yours. It is marked delivered by the post office, who will not show you where it was delivered.pay pal refuses your claim
Login to Me Too

AMB69
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me.

Login to Me Too

Tigerz
Received a tracking number. But not the item. It's a scam. The post office said they are receiving multiple complaints every day about USNotions.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.