Scam site

Lozd170
Contributor
Contributor
Having problems with refund from Mar 28, Zhao Sheng.No replies from numerous emails about delivery,further investigation photos of product are identical to an eBay advert has anyone else had problems cheers .
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lozd170 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lozd170
Contributor
Contributor
Why contact card provider surly it's PayPals responsibility to refund money as site is using PayPal banner?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lozd170 

I've given you all the options to get your money back, up to you which you choose.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lozd170
Contributor
Contributor
Cannot reopen case in resolution centre as I have already filed a case which was closed by PayPal as they contacted seller who I believe scammed them with bogus delivery number which I cannot track as have had no emails from seller requesting delivery details .This is the problem I have have sent PayPal all details and still no resolution to problem,even sent feedback on complaints ,as PayPal are allowing the site I purchased product on to use PayPal banner it's there responsibility to police these sites .
Login to Me Too

luisgudino
New Community Member

I actually had the same problem with the same person, the tracking information from UPS does not have any delivery address. It is obviously a fraud from a fraudulent website that I purchased a new PS4 from at $98.75. The website appeared in my google search shopping as https://www.unitude.pw/pages/6

but now it doesn't exist. I just did another search for a PS4 and found another scam website on google https://vip.moscemrc.com/product/sony-playstation-4-slim-new-1-tb-with-fifa-19-black/  at $149.99, and the website looks exact as the website where I got scammed. Google and Paypal are permitting these kind of fraudulent websites scam people and are not doing anything to help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.