Scam site wncmore

Dmct250
Contributor
Contributor

Brought something off a site which I have found to to be a scam site have told PayPal but have been unable to get my money back seller has responded to pay pal but not to me

Login to Me Too
69 REPLIES 69

Upperhand9978
Contributor
Contributor

An elaborate scam nonetheless. Their deceptive and false advertisements made it through most of the major social media sites and apps, and I'm sure they picked up thousands of orders (if not more). Of course it seemed like the "deal of the year", a $400 1:14 scale RC excavator/bulldozer/dump truck being sold at 1/10th the price, for $5 shipping (they also advertised 2 for $70 w/free shipping to sweeten the deal). The phony vendor cooked up a phony website (which they took down about 2 weeks after the ads started to surface)...just enough time to take customer's PayPal funds without anyone becoming too suspicious, at least not for a couple of weeks or longer. After all, when you're getting such a great deal so soon after the holidays, you probably don't care as much about quick shipping.

You can get your money back - you'll have to open a claim with PayPal, then "escalate" that claim. This forces the seller to respond to your claim. When they don't respond (and they likely won't), you'll be refunded via PayPal's buyer protection. The phony seller appears to be in China. They're shipping out $3 toys to some (to my knowledge, US customers haven't received anything from them). Nothing close to what was advertised - again, check Amazon, you'll see the exact same video with the exact same metal-constructed product selling for $400 USD.

WNCMORE carried out false and deceptive advertising to bait customers into shelling out $40 for what they thought was a well-made, heavy-duty, die-cast metal RC product (originally worth a lot more than the $114 price they advertised!), only to find out that (a) WNCMORE became "PlayParty" 2-3 weeks after orders were taken (b) Some customers received a plastic piece of junk worth about $3 at the local dollar general. (c) The video(s) used by WNCMORE were stolen/lifted from a $400 RC product sold on Amazon, among a few other vendors.

The "ezraparks" gmail account provided in the order confirmation is also fake. You'll never get a response from it. Likely a non-existent account, or it was deleted soon after it was created.

Login to Me Too

krcorny
Contributor
Contributor

I got scammed by wncmore too....currently have a paypal complaint in  but not holding my breath...seems  paypal would know by now that all of us are not lying about this fake company and give us our money back.  

Login to Me Too

Annette2020
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve also fallen foul of this despicable seller. I have three horrible, cheap, plastic excavation vehicles which are worth all of $5 dollars each if that! I wouldn’t spend on them even if were cheap because they are horrible. Like others they arrived squashed in damaged packaging. I am raging a) that this seller gets away with it and b) at myself for falling for this as I should no better! Anyways I have lodged a dispute and will await a reply before escalating. My parcels included a thank you card from yet another company and email address informing me not to return! I’m Not prepared to spend 1 Pence more in returning to a fictitious address so ha s requested a partial refund but I’m not holding my breath. If PayPal side with the seller I’m cancelling my account as my trust in them as a reputable company would be greatly diminished. It’s soul destroying when you are a victim of dishonesty!
Login to Me Too

nowwatch
Contributor
Contributor
I received the excavator for wncmore and it's not at all what was advertised. Total scam. The size is tiny, it's far from photo real and the remote is a short cord, not wireless. Happy to share photos of the actual product I received.
Login to Me Too

nowwatch
Contributor
Contributor
As I understand, the fact that the perpetrators use the US Postal service to ship these products that are a scam, makes them in violation of federal law for using the US Postal service to commit mail fraud. USPS should get involved.
Login to Me Too

sam0954
Contributor
Contributor

Definitely a scam site.  Ordered what I thought was a 1:14 2.4 GHz RC Top Race excavator model, based on a then existent WCNMORE webpage image, cost was shown as $39.96 (on 'time running out' sale, marked down from $113.99), also it was shown to have a 23 channel RC controller, with all diecast parts (body, booms, bucket, etc.).  Paid the $39.96 plus $5.59 shipping, still have the order confirmation from PLAYPARTY (NOT WCNMORE, it's gone now). What I got was a cheap plastic 1:24 2.4 GHz 8 channel RC TOY, shipping declared value $15.00, not even close to what was advertised.  I mean, a TOY, not even close to what I saw advertised.  Would not have bought this if not for FRAUD!!  I now know this was too good to be true.  Oh yeah, there was a gmail contact on the order confirmation :   <removed> Good luck with that.  😛 

Login to Me Too

royey123
New Community Member
Same here. Product vastly different from what I ordered
Login to Me Too

Longlong1
Contributor
Contributor
Get your money back. Raise a dispute for item not as described. Detail what you expected and what you got. Add this link for PayPal advisors to see that there is more than one of us. https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/Scam-site-wncmore/m-p/1994689#M91970 Activate PayPal’s return shipping on us. Contact PayPal and they will proved their address to return too (do not return to the one on your package as the seller to claim ignorance) Spend no more than £15 to return package with tracking. If you want to be sure, please call PayPal on their free to call number. Very helpful staff!
Login to Me Too

ArneV
Contributor
Contributor

Longlong1 you live in a fantasy world...

That the point just is that sending item back for me with tracking cheapest is 65€ to get 49€back
 To location that is as much a scam as the rest.Paypal doesn't give a sh"$t . Proved that item was fake , showed mailing back adress was fake  , called paypall twice . And all they want is to send back(for more then it is worth )to get money back.
Paypall knows this but refuse to do anything 73people with same problem but there paypal account stays active

Proves paypal the biggest fraud of them all.There biggest case is buyers protection ...have you been reading this forum you know how well you get protected if you would
Login to Me Too

Longlong1
Contributor
Contributor
That is sad to hear. Once bitten twice shy, from here on I will always check the website and research it for more information etc. Expensive lesson. I did a search online and the cheapest delivery including tracking I can get is £17 per item.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.