Scam site wncmore

Dmct250
Contributor
Contributor

Brought something off a site which I have found to to be a scam site have told PayPal but have been unable to get my money back seller has responded to pay pal but not to me

Login to Me Too
69 REPLIES 69

FrederikeVos
Contributor
Contributor
Update: After filing a claim about the item not being sent, the scammer provided a tracking number and threw a plastic junk item in an envelope with a card included stating the return address can’t be used. So, on reception of the junk i i contacted Paypal and asked to change the claim to ´item significantly different as advertised’. They did and contacted the scammer again. This time the seller never responded and i got a full refund without having to send the product back.
Login to Me Too

Service2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi it appears the rules keep changing depending on who’s article you read. I’ve been told by PayPal that if I return the item at my cost I will receive a refund, but who knows, anyway I definitely won’t be sending this piece of rubbish back at my cost. Also PayPal don’t seem to have a place for me to write a message back to them stating this in their resolution centre, very strange.

Login to Me Too

FrederikeVos
Contributor
Contributor
@Service2 The seller won’t respond and has no return address specified (my package came with a card stating it could not be returned) without response and no return address pay-pal will decide in your favor. I changed my claim from ‘not sent/delivered, to product significantly different, by sending them a mail. good luck!
Login to Me Too

Annette2020
Contributor
Contributor
Your lucky 😊 PayPal denier my dispute as I didn’t provide the tracking reference for sending said good back. In what world where I who’ve already been conned out of $99.96 dollars would I then spend more cash: the quotes for returning products were almost as much as what I paid. I’m equally disgusted with PayPal and their total lack of buyers protection. In this case they are actively protecting a fraudulent seller. More fool me. I shall never buy anything again from A social network site and I will probably never use PayPal for any purchase larger than a few quid as they equally cannot be trusted.
Login to Me Too

Jacquecherry
I ordered the remote control excavator and dump truck set, just received it yesterday one package crushed and one crushed, package wet and moldy. How do you contact them to request a return or refund?
Login to Me Too

Upperhand9978
Contributor
Contributor

@Jacquecherry- open a case with PayPal by calling them (not emailing, you won't get anywhere), "item received significantly different from item purchased" - that is the reason you want a refund. Do not send it back or attempt to contact the seller because they've already packed their bags and left with your money. At this point PayPal will allow the seller 10 days to respond to your case. The seller won't respond and you'll get a full refund. My wife ordered two of these phony RC products and received full refunds on both by opening a case as I've described in this paragraph. The junk plastic toys received were thrown in the trash bin.

That's the best method that I know of, considering the seller has vanished without a trace. Do not attempt to return to China - the return address is faked and the cost of shipping a package to China from most other countries might exceed what you originally paid in the first place.

Login to Me Too

Mike-999
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. They sent some tiny toys but advertised really nice large toys. PayPal denied my case

Login to Me Too

Service2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mike. I refused to send the piece of junk back at my cost and I received a reply from PayPal to say that I lost my case against the supplier. Never mind I will put it on permanent display to remind me that buying things off the internet is a dangerous thing , especially Facebook , old saying buyer beware. The only thing is that I am a bit peeved at is that with all the reports of a scam going on with these people, that nothing seemed to be done about it by PayPal, they just seemed to let it go on. I have a account with PayPal and will continue to use them but I won’t forget that transaction.

Login to Me Too

Annette2020
Contributor
Contributor
Me too! I think I was more disappointed with PayPal for their complete lack of protection and their instance I had to pay to return the packages at my cost to China!! I’ve put it down to life experience. I shall never buy from social media again and wouldn’t use PayPal for paying anything more than say £20 as I can no longer trust them to provide protection in the event something goes wrong. Stay safe!
Login to Me Too

Driftwoodlove
Yes Me too, $66.90 but it wasn't wncmore it was yet another scam site Modenindigo, is the name that confirmed my payment through a site called "Shop" the digger I got for my $66.90 was about 5 $5.00 worth of plastic junk pathetic, of course its my responsibility to make sure what I'm buying is real, so I don't blame Paypal, there was a second scam involving a cute toy puppy, I only lost £11.00 to that one, A lesson learned, if it looks to good to be true then ...it's Not True I bought both products Via "Pinterest" but now finding it difficult to complain through Pinterest site
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.