Scam site wncmore

Dmct250
Contributor
Contributor

Brought something off a site which I have found to to be a scam site have told PayPal but have been unable to get my money back seller has responded to pay pal but not to me

Login to Me Too
69 REPLIES 69

Hillbilly65
Contributor
Contributor
Total scam the stuff you receive is just cheap 5 Chanel junk smaller not the excavator or loader in video
Login to Me Too

matthewv486

I ordered mine on Jan 2 and it was just delivered. The item they sent is a total piece of junk. The specs online are nowhere close to what was delivered. I wish PayPal would close their account, but I was given the runaround. I was told to ship the item back, but it will cost at least $70 and I am responsible for the shipping.

Luckily I paid half with my Amex and filed a dispute with them so I may recover some money. PayPal was awful and once done I'll be closing my account because they provide no real value.

Login to Me Too

Muppetsonmars
Contributor
Contributor
Where did you get the 450 pounds from? Seen them for about 36 - 54 pounds. Smiths toys even do an 1:18 scale one for about 45 pounds.
Login to Me Too

FrederikeVos
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. The add showed a ‘Huina’ full metal excavator. Upon purchase no confirmation in writing at all. Just a message i paid and to wait for emails that were never sent. The seller sent a plastic low quality excavator not even worth the stamp on the package. I contacted paypal but so far no luck. The seller only seems to communicate when paypal is involved and there’s no way to prove to paypal what was actually bought. Their site was taken down soon after purchase. Obvious scammers.
Login to Me Too

Muppetsonmars
Contributor
Contributor
Ordered the same, took over a week, but I finally have a tracking number.
Login to Me Too

FrederikeVos
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. I bought a Huina full metal excavator. Received a chinese plastic product cheaper then the stamp on the package. There’s no way to sent it back to the seller (they even included a note stating there’s no return address) I never received any written confirmation, they just took the money, cut all contact and sent junk to abide by paypal rules. So we received crap, we signed for crap and the scammer has prove a product was sent and we have nothing but a piece of worthless plastic. So far paypal is ‘investigating’...
Login to Me Too

bakootchook
New Community Member

That came across my instagram feed also. Was going to get one. I happened to look on their site and Terms of Service. I am not sure that is a normal terms of service other merchants use but its worth reading. I googled the wncmore site and navigated to the toy section and if you scroll all the way down there's a link for the terms of service.

Hope you guys get it sorted out in your favor!

Login to Me Too

Sticthedup
New Community Member

If you are unlucky, you will receive it in the post, they are posted out with no packaging, just thrown in an envelope, the one I took delivery of In the last 10 minutes is in a small cardboard box, its approx. 12 inches long, and weighs 500 grams, that's the excavator. There is absolutely no way it will carry a person, or in fact be able to dig anything other than pocket fluff, its plastic, its cheap, its crap and can be purchased in the local convenience store for £4.99.

Login to Me Too

Muppetsonmars
Contributor
Contributor
Just wondering if you waited at all, I ordered from that site, took about a week but finally I have the tracking number for my items
Login to Me Too

Upperhand9978
Contributor
Contributor

It's DEFINITELY a scam site. If you Google search "WNCMORE Excavator", you'll notice it redirects to what is likely another scam site called "Play Party." The WNCMore site no longer exists. Additionally, if you received a "tracking" email, there was no legit tracking information provided. Request a refund of your funds through PayPal ASAP. The exact same excavator (as well as the video) that was advertised through the scam site "WNCMORE" is listed on Amazon...for $499.00 USD. Though the difference is that the $499 is for the actual legit product...the scammers simply stole the video, re-posted as an ad, set a price tag that was too good to be true ($39 USD), and linked it to their fake website.

This scam was quite elaborate as it made its way through Instagram and Facebook, and got past the numerous ad blockers that I run at the network and OS level. I'm sure they got away with tens of thousands of dollars. People were unlikely to suspect a scam until they received the tracking email (this allowed the scammers to continue operating for a couple of weeks), which contained no tracking info and redirected to a phony website.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.