Scam site, dispute, claim and problem.

mrQQ
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Few months ago I've ordered a RGB corner light from a site, which was apparently a scam site. It was much cheaper than anywhere else, but since they offered PayPal payment option, I've decided to take the risk, knowing that PayPal takes care of their customers.

Unsurprisingly, instead of the light I've ordered, I've received a small wooden toy, like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32866172845.html

The site in question was www.fmqu.site.

I've opened a claim in PayPal, and surely enough I got this response from the seller:

"Dear, We are sorry for the problem of the product. Just we checked it for you, the worker in our warehouse they made a mistake. They choose the wrong one for you, we hope you give us a chance. We offer you 2 solution. (1)You can keep the product or , we will give you a 40% refund as our compensation. (2)If you can’t accept it, please help it return to us, it may cost you nearly 10~20 dollars. We're doing a small business and can't cover the shipping cost and additional fee again. We really hope to get your kind understanding. Which solution do you choose? Waiting for your reply."

This is obviously a scam, as this person here also had same happen: <removed>

Well, the claim has been closed and I was told to return the item for the refund.

Even if I would do it on my own cost, the return address they've given is just full string of chinese hieroglyphs. There's no way I can use that!

Even if I do ship it out, I know that they will not admit that they received it, and thus, I'm gonna lose even more money. 

How can I handle this, shouldn't PayPal understand that this is a pretty obvious scam?

Apparently, this is their modus operandi

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.