Scam sellers

JohnHenderson
Contributor
Contributor

I say PayPal are the biggest scammers on here. I ordered a watch from a company and paid through PayPal, when the watch arrived it was totally the wrong watch. I had issues returning it due to security restrictions in China. This country does not accept watches and other items with microchips and batteries in them incase it is a spy item. Eventually I got a courier to take it and sent all the details to PayPal. In my message it clearly said I had 10 days to respond which I was well within and they closed the claim and found in favour of the seller. These people are nothing but scammers and should be outed for what they really are. Bring back call centres in a country where they can understand what you are saying so they do not miss interpret what you say or write.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JohnHenderson 

Appeal...

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

If no luck then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JohnHenderson 

Appeal...

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

If no luck then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JohnHenderson
Contributor
Contributor
I tried that but when the people dealing with you do not speak English as their first language they dont understand. I think if they keep robbing people off they will get hacked iff and forget about it. I usually go to a website called ceoemails.com and start emailing the CEOs of companies and they usually get fed up and admit they robbed me.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JohnHenderson 

When you phone UK customer services they are based in DUBLIN !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JohnHenderson
Contributor
Contributor
They must have imported one from the Indian call centre because whoever I spoke to was in no way shape or farm Irish
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.