Scam seller from China!! Paypal should protect us from those swindler!!!

jooparadise
Contributor
Contributor

1. I saw a G6 stabilizer from the website popped up on my facebook. It looks very cool, and the website was well-made.

2. Purchased the item, paid via paypal (for purchase protection!! even the seller charged me a fee for using paypal).

3. The seller shipped out the item, and received it after few weeks. I received a cheap dollar selfie stick instead of G6 stabilizer.

4. I got contacted the seller and requested the replacement or refund. They refused it, and they want me to keep the item and offered a coupon code.

5. I opened the dispute case, but paypal want me to return my item back to seller first. Even though that is their fault!!
6. That is what exactly seller told me. That thief is using the paypal system, and deceiving people.

PayPal is protecting both seller, and buyer! However, paypal shouldn't protect scam, thief, swindler. Paypal should request the seller should be responsible for their item and transaction. Please charge back all the money to the seller and protect the buyers!!

Watch out people!
This is bad a**

http://ricolery.com 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jooparadise 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jooparadise 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jooparadise
Contributor
Contributor
I changed the payment option as your advise. Thx!
Login to Me Too

Cherubina1

Ordinato Trasformer 4-Wheel Mobility Scooter a Hyleen Technology Co.Ltd il 17 ottobre 2020. Ora vedo che è nella lista dei truffatori già da anni.

Pay Pal dovrebbe Vietare vendite da questo ladro e avvisare il compratore.

Login to Me Too

ericthomas
New Community Member
Had a similar situation myself except they had advertised hair clippers and sent me nose hair trimmers. These people need to be stopped
Login to Me Too

jooparadise
Contributor
Contributor
yeah we need to make them stop deceiving people.
Login to Me Too

TraceyC52
Contributor
Contributor

I couldn't agree more that we should be protected by PayPay and that they should vet their vendors. Pay Pal

hangs us out to dry. I  followed the instructions exactly and filed a dispute in a timely manner only to receive today, "The case was closed as this transaction is ineligible for PayPal Purchase Protection." If this wasn't eligible for protection, I do not know what is. They showed all the clothes from the show "Yellowstone". Kind of a Sundance, native american high end clothing. I spent $225, waited 8 weeks for delivery only to get junk. I won't even give it credit of being a knock-off. This is outright deception. Its like they took a picture of the real thing and put it on a nightgown material. I wouldn't let my elderly mom wear it, if she were alive. It is a joke! I tried to resolve it with the vendor at Pay Pals direction. They offered $20 and told me to keep the clothes. I told them, there was no way, I was keeping this junk and I wanted my money back. They offered me $40. I said I want my money back. It was only then that I found out that they were out of China. I took the box of clothes to FedEx to return and they laughed at me. I had to file for special documentation to return clothes that took 2 weeks to get and cost $30 and then they weighed the box and said the delivery cost was $260, but they would not guarantee it would get there. $290 to get $225 back. No way! I would just lose that money too! If this isn't substantially misrepresented, then I do not know what would ever be covered under Pay Pals Purchase Protection. It just makes me want to close out my entire acct. Ironically, within a week, I had a $250 charge on pay pal for sushi clear across the nation. Obviously, our credit cards are also not protected with them either. It wasn't Pay Pal that paid it back though it was Grub Hub. Pay pal is worthless in disputes with scammers!

Login to Me Too

AngelsSword
How did GrubHub pay you back?
Login to Me Too

TraceyC52
Contributor
Contributor
Spoiler
Shopping Technologies

Re: Scam seller from China!! Paypal should protect us from those swindler!!!

I couldn't agree more that we should be protected by PayPay and that they should vet their vendors. Pay Pal hangs us out to dry. I  followed the instructions exactly and filed a dispute in a timely manner only to receive today, "The case was closed as this transaction is ineligible for PayPal Purchase Protection." If this wasn't eligible for protection, I do not know what is. They showed all the clothes from the show "Yellowstone". Kind of a Sundance, native american high end clothing. I spent $225, waited 8 weeks for delivery only to get junk. I won't even give it credit of being a knock-off. This is outright deception. Its like they took a picture of the real thing and put it on a nightgown material. I wouldn't let my elderly mom wear it, if she were alive. It is a joke! I tried to resolve it with the vendor at Pay Pals direction. They offered $20 and told me to keep the clothes. I told them, there was no way, I was keeping this junk and I wanted my money back. They offered me $40. I said I want my money back. It was only then that I found out that they were out of China. I took the box of clothes to FedEx to return and they laughed at me. I had to file for special documentation to return clothes that took 2 weeks to get and cost $30 and then they weighed the box and said the delivery cost was $260, but they would not guarantee it would get there. $290 to get $225 back. No way! I would just lose that money too! If this isn't substantially misrepresented, then I do not know what would ever be covered under Pay Pals Purchase Protection. It just makes me want to close out my entire acct. Ironically, within a week, I had a $250 charge on pay pal for sushi clear across the nation. Obviously, our credit cards are also not protected with them either. It wasn't Pay Pal that paid it back though it was Grub Hub. Pay pal is worthless in disputes with scammers!

Login to Me Too

Ssl2214485
New Community Member
Happens to a pal of mine, it it was for a robo vac. PayPal insisted that we retuned the item. We did and here’s how to get your own back. We sent them a registered letter to tell them how bad they are as a seller. Cheap to post as tracked as it was just a letter. Gave the tracking code to PayPal. The letter came back to us as the Chinese address did not exist. So he got his money back at the cost of £5 :-). They played dirty and so did we. Don’t use these scam sites. They often don’t have a phone number or address and if you google the url, there’s normally scam related articles. PayPal should do more to protect the buyer.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.