cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam purchases, seller sending wrong items and Paypal supports act

Highlighted
Contributor

Scam purchases, seller sending wrong items and Paypal supports act

I purchased Binoculars from a website from social media site, thought it was safe i noticed Paypal option to pay. Received a jewelry box with a fake ring in the box, so I submitted dispute with PayPal. I received a response that the seller will provide a refund but I have to mail back the fake ring to China. I paid $35 for Binoculars but to mail back the fake ring is probably going to cost more. It is hard to believe that PayPal would a seller to charge a customer to return back the wrong item the seller sent. This smells like a scam to defraud customers since it doesn't make sense to pay more to return the item than it cost. I wouldn't trust using PayPal since their policies aren't customer friendly.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Scam purchases, seller sending wrong items and Paypal supports act

I had a problem with an item from China too.  I thought i was ordering from a company in Seattle because that is where the original site said it was.  I found out when it didn't come that it was from China and after not getting it I opened a dispute.  they took the sellers side right away and told me that it had been sent I needed to wait.  After 60 days I began pushing back and they took the sellers side again.  I still have not recieved the item and I ordered it in May.  they say now that the seller said it was delivered in August but I have not seen it.  They closed my case and said that was it.  I can not get them on the phone or anything.  usps said that because we live in a small town in montana that it could have been taken.  We get that alot.  Paypal didn't care they just want there money.