Scam purchases, seller sending wrong items and Paypal supports act

Chdorsey1973
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased Binoculars from a website from social media site, thought it was safe i noticed Paypal option to pay. Received a jewelry box with a fake ring in the box, so I submitted dispute with PayPal. I received a response that the seller will provide a refund but I have to mail back the fake ring to China. I paid $35 for Binoculars but to mail back the fake ring is probably going to cost more. It is hard to believe that PayPal would a seller to charge a customer to return back the wrong item the seller sent. This smells like a scam to defraud customers since it doesn't make sense to pay more to return the item than it cost. I wouldn't trust using PayPal since their policies aren't customer friendly.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

reid1a
Contributor
Contributor

I had a problem with an item from China too.  I thought i was ordering from a company in Seattle because that is where the original site said it was.  I found out when it didn't come that it was from China and after not getting it I opened a dispute.  they took the sellers side right away and told me that it had been sent I needed to wait.  After 60 days I began pushing back and they took the sellers side again.  I still have not recieved the item and I ordered it in May.  they say now that the seller said it was delivered in August but I have not seen it.  They closed my case and said that was it.  I can not get them on the phone or anything.  usps said that because we live in a small town in montana that it could have been taken.  We get that alot.  Paypal didn't care they just want there money.   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.