Scam - myprojuicer.com

Stephaniegweber
Contributor
Contributor
Hey guys! So I bought a Breville Espeesso machine from myprojuicer.com (don’t ever buy anything from there) and emailed them from the information provided on the website stating I wanted to make sure I got the Red machine not the silver one. Immediately the email comes back saying it was not a valid email address. So I called them with the number provided on the website and it goes straight to voicemail. So at this point obviously it’s a fraud lol. I even checked the address and it pinned on a random Walmart in Georgia. Anyway, I file a dispute and it immediately gets denied so I called instead and they reopened the case. The lady said that everything was going to be okay (mind you this never ever happened to me so I had no idea what to expect and figured this would be an easy transparent case). Anyway, she said she was going to ask the seller for some information. So I’m thinking “perfect they won’t be able to do this since it’s FAKE” however I was wrong. They sent PayPal a few days later a tracking number and it stated that the item was delivered. I was shocked! First of all, impossible because I never received anything not a confirmation the my item was delivered, nothing and second the item supposedly delivered was 12.20 lbs and I was pretty sure the coffee machine weighed much more than that. I called PayPal right away and they said I had to call ups for a “internet form” so I contacted UPS and they said no we don’t do that AND they CONFIRMED that the address and name on the package does not match mine, and also PayPal would have to call them. So I called PayPal again they said that they don’t call UPS because of the limited staff right now due to COVID-19 and what they need is a “sentence” from UPS saying that the tracking number of the package delivered does not match mine. So I called UPS AGAIN and they said no we don’t have any way of sending that or providing that to you and again confirmed that the address did not match mine. At this point I’m furious with all this back and forth. So I called PayPal and told them to call UPS and the lady gives me a whole brand new story saying oh UPS blocked us from calling them because we called so much. So she says to go to my local UPS and give them “puppy eyes” so they can give me a receipt of where the package was delivered. So I hang up and called PayPal again hoping someone else would give me better options then having to give “puppy eyes” to a UPS employee. So this lady was more helpful and said that she will give leave a note to CAll UPS and this would be dealt with within 24-72 hours. (Thought that UPS blocked PayPal, guess not). Days have passed and as this is going on I made a point to email the actual Breville company with information on the weight of the item I ordered from myprojuicer.com and I sent a fraud claim to UPS regarding the tracking number Paypal received from the seller. Breville emailed me and said that the item weighs 26.6 lbs (so obviously the package delivered wasn’t the coffee machine) and I received a reply from UPS saying “The tracking number you were provided by the seller is not related to you nor the package you were expecting.  Please contact the seller for the correct tracking number.” So I called PayPal yesterday and I told them all this and they said to email them all this information and she said that she is going to contact the seller again for more information on the tracking number they provided. I’m honestly scared that these scammers are going to figure out a way of making something up. I’m not sure what to do and I’m upset that Paypal couldn’t have contacted them earlier asking for more information or that they didn’t call UPS in the first place to ask for the name and address of the item delivered. Also, every person I call says something totally different. Is there anything more I can do?
Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I have read many stories like yours. PayPal asking victims of scams to do something unreasonable or impossible, provide documentation that doesn't exist or unobtainable. They are asking victims to fend for themselves because COVID made them short handed (which I find incredulous, COVID is making PayPal tons of money, just like Amazon and Ebay).

If you can't get anybody to help you, trty tweeting PayPal CEO directly, as one member had done and he/she got results. Look him up on google, I don't remember his name.

Login to Me Too

Stephaniegweber
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you! That will be my next step!
Login to Me Too

sdf1954
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing happened to me last week. I opened a case and the Scammers gave PayPal a UPS tracking # that showed delivered.

UPS acknowledged to me that they did not deliver this to me. I am working on getting the person this was delivered too. I have a few friends who deliver for UPS so I pray they can help me. I ordered a Dyson V11 vacuum cleaner and the tracking # they gave to PayPal says the package they delivered weighted 2.04 lbs. PayPal closed the case and I am out my $$$. PayPal is letting scammers ruin their business.

I will close my PayPal account if they let this scammer get away with this. PayPal is NOT what it was when it was owned by eBay!!!
The scammers phone number and email address on their website are no good. They gave PayPal a personal email address not the one on their website.

Of course they will not answer my emails when I try to reach them.
It would not take a rocket scientist to look at the purchase and see Vacuum Cleaner and look at the false tracking # they gave PayPal 

and see 2.4 oz. don't add up. 

Login to Me Too

Stephaniegweber
Contributor
Contributor
Don’t give up! What I did was report a fraud to UPS and they will email you back a few days later letting you know the tracking number has nothing to do with your name and address.
Login to Me Too

sdf1954
Contributor
Contributor

Did PayPal get your money back from the scammers? PayPal is NOT handling these crooks right. 

They are making us not even being able to trust PayPal to look out for us and siding with the scammers.

Login to Me Too

sdf1954
Contributor
Contributor

It took a lot of research and work on my part BUT I am thankful to say PayPal did get my money back from the scammer.

Login to Me Too

sharibaker
Contributor
Contributor
Was your scammer also myprojuicer? They took my $299. Payment a month ago : (
Login to Me Too

sharedexp
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, it was myprojuicer.com. The fake website is no longer online. They removed it along with a mirror site they had with a different name. I can’t understand why my claim was denied; PayPal must be aware of this, since they credited other similar cases.
Login to Me Too

sharibaker
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for responding. Was yours also a high-priced item like mine? I’m sorry to hear your claim was denied! Honestly, there’s only so much effort I’m going to put into this because it is so stressful. I will wait first for my response from pp about this expensive learning experience… : (
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.