Scam makes millions

4x4albert
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal scammers make millions. Here's how. Sammers advertise a tv for sale for $95 (a two year old model so its plausible). Payments are made to scammers paypal merchant account. Scammer sends an empty envelope with tracking number to a different address but with the same zip. The buyer tracks the package by usps it shows as delivered. Buyer submits a claim to PayPal the merchant (scammer) submits the tracking number as delivered. PayPal closes the case. Buyer is out the money. Buyer may assume the tv was stolen as it shows as delivered. If the buyer is lucky he can ask a sympathetic postmaster to check the address to find out an envelope not a tv with the same tracking number was delivered to another address. PayPal says get a letter from USPS to that regard. Buyer goes back to USPS to find out that they can't give you that information for privacy reasons. Scammer keeps the money. PayPal is complicit and makes their transaction % and the buyer is SOL. Great scam. Why would anyone work for a living when scamming is this easy. You just need no morals and paypal. I was scammed. Shame on PayPal.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Johnnygeep
Contributor
Contributor

The USPS will give you a printout of the full tracking report showing actual delivery address and weight, mine showed one ounce.  Just ask, they are happy to provide it. I actually didn't even ask.  I just told them what happened and the supervisor came out with the full report including two Google street views!  I scanned mine to a pdf so I could send it to PayPal.  Also, since the scammers send an envelope thru the USPS to provide a tracking number it becomes a federal offense.  You can file a complaint with the USPS.  May not get you anything but who knows?  Good luck!

Login to Me Too

4x4albert
Contributor
Contributor
My usps said they can't give me anything officially as it is a privacy issue this was my second trip to usps. I guess I'll try a third visit. I hate to let scammers win. Why doesn't paypal make the merchant provide proof of address delivered to?
Login to Me Too

4x4albert
Contributor
Contributor
I did get the report you mention but only after applying online with USPS. The same postmaster called me and said he could help. I have submitted by email these to paypal and nothing my losed case file number. It has been 2 days with no reply from PayPal. Merchant should have to prove package of correct size and weight was delivered to the correct address. Not only that any tiny package was delivered to the same zip code with no address check. Seems simple enough PayPal STOP THE SCAMMERS.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.