Scam likely: Shopping Technology Co., Limited

E-S
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a bee print sweatshirt last Wednesday evening, it was charged by PayPal  thursday am, and recieved a text saying that my order was shipped and they sent a fake traking number. the phone they texted from was[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] when I called it today, friday, it was no longer in service.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@E-S 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Also make sure you have activated the below link in case you have to return the item to get a refund
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@E-S 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Also make sure you have activated the below link in case you have to return the item to get a refund
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BLACK678bart
Contributor
Contributor
Can I send photos off invoices and sunglasses they sent in stead of scooters dispute
Login to Me Too

Makerofpretty
Contributor
Contributor
I have put through a dispute and Paypal is still not returned my money this company is getting away with stealing from lots of customers of yours they sent me a totally different cheap product after I put in a dispute and I had waited since March for my original order I tried to cancel it with them they won’t refund your money they won’t let you ship it back and they send you emails telling you to wait for shipment the company shouldn’t even be allowed to be working with Paypal what is wrong with this picture!I have put through a dispute and PayPal is still not returned my money this company is getting away with stealing from lots of customers of yours they sent me a totally different cheap product after I put in the dispute and I had waited since March for my original order I tried to cancel it with them they won’t refund your money they won’t let you ship it back and they send you emails telling you to wait for shipment the company shouldn’t even be allowed to be working with PAYPAL what is wrong with this picture!
Login to Me Too

I bought boots from shopping technologies Llc. It’s obvious now they’re some foreign scam artists. They said when I ordered them I cld send them back if didn’t like/want but now says there’s a $75 charge plus Reccommended Ins. I only paid that for the boots. THEY sent me European size 41 and I ordered 39. What I can do w 10.5-11 boots when I wear 8.5-9 boots American?? When is asked them their bs answer was, “hey, that’s how our charts read and that’s what your ordered”. Bull.... they sent me European 41 and that’s not what I ordered. And PayPal is NO HELP!!!! They should be making the vendor make it right!! You at pal doesn’t have a customer service number so you can’t communicate w anyone. It’s clear those con artists are being helped by PayPal because PayPal lets them advertise on marketing which is how I purchased them. And there are tons and tons of complaints about this company on here.
Login to Me Too

74Hoosier
Contributor
Contributor

I do not believe this company even exists.  A few days after I placed my order it is impossible to contact the company or go to their website.

Login to Me Too

I didn't get anything except ripped off! If PayPal would stop voting on their side, maybe they would stop with stealing from people! I also got a fake tracking number, that's why I lost my dispute!

Login to Me Too

GrSalRodz
Contributor
Contributor

COMPANY   IS   LEGIT  AND  NOT  BOGUS  THEY ALSO  REPLY  TO  EMAILS      

I ORDERED CLOTHING ITEMS   FROM THEM ON AUGUST 26th 2020  RECEIVED ITEMS TODAY, OCTOBER 3rd  2020

I DID A DISPUTE  BECAUSE OF  ALL  THE   NEGATIVE  COMMENTS, I WAS AFRAID TO BE SCAMMED,  BUT  TO   MY   SURPRISE, THE  ITEMS  LOOK  AND  FIT  AMAZINGLY  I  CANCELED MY  DISPUTE!   I  am  a  Happy Satisfied  customer, just give the order time  you will receive it...                   

Login to Me Too

Isn't it funny how they can get away with this! You are so right in the fact, no contact phone number, no Email address to work with. When I disputed the charge I sent from PayPal, they denied me a refund because I had a tracking number that said delivered!!!! While my "case" was being decided, This SCAM company continued to contact me, saying, If i would revoke my claim,, they would send me something!! They couldn't spell, wrong wording in sentences... I never expected PayPal to side with the fake company! Learn something new all the time!

Login to Me Too

Usabrasil
I had same problem
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.