Scam from a chinese site DIYWANT

marcomel
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered an item of the value of 34$ but they sent me a very item cheap (5$?) different from description. This is the proof the did the same thing with other people: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/diywant.com They also shutdown the site, so it is a fraud. I opened the dispute in PayPal resolution center but they closed in favour of the vendor because a I need to send back the item. I tried to send back it but it will cost me more than the value of the object (I live in Italy). What can I do? In this way every Chinese vendor can send a fake object and PayPal doesn't protect our orders Thank you!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@marcomel 

If you paid with credit card, try disputing through your card issuer instead.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@marcomel 

If you paid with credit card, try disputing through your card issuer instead.

Login to Me Too

cagwood
Contributor
Contributor

I will definitely try that. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

marcomel
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reponse, unfortunately I paid with a prepaid card
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@marcomel 

Check if prepaid card have some kind of purchase protection.

Login to Me Too

cagwood
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same thing happen. I'm guessing they change their site name every time someone orders in order to take their money, and leave no evidence. I ordered a bunk bed and a large shop cabinet. They sent me a bracelet. PayPal ended it in their favor because it was delivered...obviously someone has figured out how to get around "buyer protection." And PayPal won't do anything about it. In cases like this I think they should be using proof of freight too, not just stupid tracking and delivery. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.