Scam from Shoe seller in China- PayPal Process

HopeV
Contributor
Contributor

I got scammed by a Chinese website Kenshae .  Ordered 3 pairs of shoes.   The only communication I received was an email from PayPal Service . com .  The email  said that money would be withdraw-ed after receiving confirmation of shipping.  Also it had listed the 3 names of the products ordered. 

Once I saw that a payment from PayPal was subtracted, without confirmation of shipping from the merchant, I intermediately got concerned.  Researched and found several postings about the same case.  Called PayPal and open a case.

PayPal, contacted the merchant.  then PayPal, not the merchant, sent me a shipping confirmation.  Still no order receipt!.  I waited and received one pair of cheap paper like sandal!  They advertised their shoes to be the best shoes for your feet... well, the sandals received are more the brick sandals!

Then I contacted the merchant... on Friday 8/16, about the rest of the shipment and copied PayPal service,.  Two pairs missing. In the mean time, PayPal, closed the case.  Still no answer from the merchant, and received an automatic response from PayPal service.  Today I contacted PayPal to reopen the case.  Now I have to wait 10 days or so, for the whole process to go around.  

I honestly do not understand... if PayPal KNOWS AS A FACT, that an account is a fraudulent email address/account/website... Why is PayPal allowing them to do business with PayPal ?  Why is PayPal putting us, customers at risk by allowing these types of accounts to be open?

PayPal MUST define a process to check veracity/validity of merchants... and protect us.

I do not trust the PayPal process.. having so many cases, why do they have to wait and wait 10 days, and contact the merchants... The merchants are also learning the PayPal process...and finding ways around to be in compliance... so they keep fooling the system.  This got to stop!

I also have to say, that the two PayPal agents on the phone have been very patient and helpful with me, when I call.  They put me at easy and assured me that all will be o.k.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HopeV 

Paypal gives you 'some' buyer protection and the rest is up to you to risk assess your transactions.

Paypal can't verify every single company or person that accepts payments using their services.

If you open a dispute for non receipt then when the item arrived you had the option to change it to 'received but not as described'.

Unfortunately if they find in your favour you will probably have to return it trackable at your own expense so I hope you have activated the 'return shipping on us' option in your paypal account?

Lastly Chinese web sites are easy to spot and best not to buy from them in the first place really.....

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great items at 'bargain' prices ie tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Yenelli
Contributor
Contributor
2 pairs of shoes. $68 each. Leather boots. 5 weeks later arrived as plastic. My attempt to return to an apartment in California address on the shipping bag (yes) was denied, the company sent THREE separate emails offering me 20% and I can keep them. I am very adamant, so their 1 time exception to give me 30% and I can keep the wares. $136.88 of my money and they return $45.66. But robbery of 91.32. I don't think PayPal will foot the bill.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.