Scam from DigiTech

Kimisue1964
New Community Member

I received an email receipt from Ronnie <removed>of DigiTech Solutions stating that she was renewing my yearly contract for $199.00 to be paid from my pay pal account. The email stated I would see the debit in 48 hours. I received the email on Friday and today is Wednesday and I do not see a deduction from my PayPal account. I have not called the number listed nor do I plan to. If the money does get deducted, I will dispute it. I have not had any business dealings with this company. After looking the company up, I see that many people have been scammed by them and they are not BBB accredited. I get upset when I’m preyed on by outside sources.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kimisue1964 

If its a spoof then NEVER USE ANY LINK OR TELELPHONE NUMBER ON THE EMAIL.

Firstly if the email/text addressed you as ''Dear Member'' / ''Customer'' / ''Client'' OR your ''email address'' then that confirms its a spoof as paypal would address you by your full name eg Dear John Smith.

Secondly if there was a link OR attachment in that email/text to ''cancel'' any transaction or ''confirm'' any details then again it would be a spoof.

If there was a problem with your account Paypal would not ask you to click on an unsafe link in an email or by downloading an attachment, they would direct you to log in normally and go to the resolution or the message centre for more information.

More info here >>
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-to-spot-fake-emails-faq2340/2
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/suspicious-activity

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PaddyWac
New Community Member
THANK YOU! I too was freaking out a bit when I got the email. That’s how I ended up here; first I checked all my credit cards then I looked up the company name and it led me here. I have not responded to the email at all and I will immediately block them. But thank you for the explanation. I feel much better now. And I agree, you should not respond to it at all, nor called the phone number. It’s like opening the door to a criminal. God bless you, have a great day!
Login to Me Too

Amaia_M
New Community Member

digitech.jpg

 I recieved this one too. i answered e mail to cancel and call them, they answered in latin american spanish and after incoherent explanation , they wanted to take remote control of my computer. I SAID NO ,red flag, and hung up 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.