Scam, fraud,unauthorized activity.

PTMax
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, someone has made a transaction twice in the last 48 hours. My account was used. After the first time, I changed my password and used double security. After 24 hours from the last suspicious action, another one. Does Paypal cant secure our data? What should I do now, any help is appreciated?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
What are the transactions for? Maybe it's a billing agreement you have setup with some application somewhere..?? That's really the only way it could continue billing if you changed the password and you're using two-factor auth.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

PTMax
Contributor
Contributor

No, definitely different payments for online purchases ( In both cases, the same delivery address ) - both cases of electronics from different places.

I have already changed the email address, password twice. Double security, login with code confirmation. And the same, someone changed the password and made the payment within a minute.
For now, the next transaction has a pending status. I also cannot submit a report for this transaction. After selecting report - an error pops up.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi PTMax, 

If you have changed your password and added extra security to your account and this is still happening then it sounds like there may be a virus on the device you are using or someone is accessing your device remotely. Please run a full virus scan on the device you are using and if you have access to a different device try changing your password there. I would also recommend changing your password to something that you do not use anywhere else online. If you have used a similar password on any of your social media accounts or your email accounts please change them to something new too. 

Thank you for your post and please feel free to post if you have any further questions.

Paula 

Login to Me Too

PTMax
Contributor
Contributor
Everything has changed. Including password, login etc. For now I am at the stage of solving the problem of reconnection and acceptance from the bank. Through these scams I will spend the next hours on the phone. Explaining to both parties what is going on. I guess I'll start looking for an alternative to paypal as you can see the security is not as good and more problems later. I don't have a lifetime to reach customer service - which sometimes takes 1.5 hours just to be switched to the next one and wait another hour. I can only wait and spend the next 50 hours on the phone.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @PTMax,

I would definitely recommend the suggestion that Paula made to run a virus scan and check your network's security as soon as you possibly can. Your password is the key to your account and it sounds like someone is getting access to that key each time you change it. The way that fraudsters do that is by gaining access directly to your computer or network. If that is not resolved, any new passwords you create will be immediately compromised. 

If you are able to log in from a different device outside your network, please do that to change the password, or change the password immediately after the virus or network issue is resolved. If you are unable to resolve it immediately, please contact customer service to request that the account be limited so the fraudster cannot access the account any longer without submitting identification documents.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PTMax
Contributor
Contributor
Im using Apple products so its hard to hack them randomly. I currently have 2-step protection set. So without a code, there is no option to log in. The problem now is to return to a usable state before the time of fraud. I made a new transaction but some eChecks appeared, which will last for days. In this situation, I do not need paypal. The worst thing is to call customer service for a few hours and find out what's going on. I am more convinced that after closing the case to the end I will simply close the paypal account and thank you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.