Scam company from China impossible to return with no help from Pay Pal

Tfialkowski
Contributor
Contributor
I see a common problem on these threads. I fell victim to falsely advertised goods, sunglasses specifically. When I recieved a confirmation for the purchase, I immediately noticed grammer errors on the confirmation notice. I instantly became alarmed and saw the confirmation notice lacked actual contact information, as did the website. I contacted the company right away via email, the only way they allow, and asked my order be cancelled (the confirmation notice says you can email to cancel your order). After no response for 3 days I had to threaten a PayPal dispute just to get a response. I was then told I'd have to wait until i recieved the items inorder to process a return. What a nightmare. When I recieved the items and asked to process the return it was nothing but a battle. I was told it was more worthwhile to keep the items and take a 5% return. I should give them away as gifts. I was even told it was a lot of money for them to refund! No matter how many times I asked for a full refund and a return shipping label, I was denied. I started a dispute through PayPal and have recieved no help. I tried an online chat, it was closed. There is no contact person to talk to to help navigate this diapute. I received an offer for refund if I returned the items and have to upload tracking information. It would cost $62 (in order to include tracking) and take 3 months to get to China. The main problem is part of the address isn't in English and I can't get the company to provide a fully English address. So because the conpany failed to process my cancellation like i asked, it is my responsibility to pay the return. I get scammed, have to pay the return shipping and am getting no support from PayPal. And now my dispute will get cancelled because I can't provide the response in time. I am beyond disappointed and frustrated with the lack of support for buyers. It seems PayPal has supported these fradulent sellers and no care is given to those of us that get scammed in the process. I have been a loyal PayPal user for years and can't believe this is the treatment I get.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Saphire85
New Community Member
same here, I got a mermaid hair dye. I received from paypal Very poor customer service, experience and paypal is giving the ability for scammers and fraud to make money. I filed a dispute because the item i received was wrong and expired. The website I ordered it from is in England, my item came from China. I payed shipping and in order to get a refund I got to pay Shipping again. The address I was given post office couldn't help me with it. To send back to address on original package is $65. I was scammed and now I got to jump through hoops to get a refund. I pretty much was told by PayPal that im "SOL"
Login to Me Too

Tfialkowski
Contributor
Contributor
I'm sorry you have had a similar experience. I'm shocked PayPal hasn't addressed this obvious issue as so many people are getting scammed.
Login to Me Too

Swat2
Contributor
Contributor
This is exactly my problem. I have decided to suck up the loss, even though it galls me immensley! I do intend to make a formal complaint to Paypal as they are facilitating this scam with their less than useless systems. Makes me even wonder if they are in cahoots!! It needs investigating by somebody. I am also aiming to close my Paypal account as I can't trust them any more!
Login to Me Too

Tfialkowski
Contributor
Contributor
I'm sorry it happened to you too! Seems we are all taking a hit by these scams. Can you make a formal complaint through PayPal?
Login to Me Too

lila0519
Contributor
Contributor

Reading your complaint was like reading my own story.  I've actually had two disputes filed after being duped by the same company twice.  Both times the ads were laid out differently and companies were noted as being in different AMERICAN towns.  All email responses were generic and identical and when items did arrive they were identical!!!  I thought purchasing from a company that Pay Pal sponsored would be a safe bet but it's absolutely not.   I'm out almost $150 because like others I can't justify the expense of the return and tracking.  Then if this scam company has been so difficult to work with in the first place why should I trust that once they get the return they'll actually refund my money?!     I've learned my lesson and I'm telling everyone I know to stop using Pay Pal PERIOD!   They are supporting these scam companies instead of helping us, the customer.  I'm done.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.