Scam by using a PO box to send a cheap item not ordered without identifying who it is from

lowack
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a camping chair and bag for $26.00.  Months later, I received a miniature camping chair bag from <removed>.  The vendor of this package was not identified anywhere on the package.   When I put in a claim for not receiving the camping chair, PayPal denied my claim, stating the vendor showed proof of me receiving the item.  The tracking number was the same as the miniature version of a camping bag I received from the CA post office box.   This is a scam used by several scammers and they use the same post office box.  If you google the PO box, you will see the scam.  PayPal has closed my claim not in my favor.  What recourse do I have?

Login to Me Too
51 REPLIES 51

tom504
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered 3 meaters (meat probe)and got a card in the mail that said they would ship later from <removed>.  Paypal refuses to refund my charge from this scam .

Login to Me Too

santaquinkid
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a riflescope, all I got was a scrap piece of fabric for $77.
Login to Me Too

Sixactual
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a 450 pc tool box and tools and received 1 small 8 mm wrench. This is illegal and they should be removed from PayPal site...
Login to Me Too

Craigsgirl1127
New Community Member
I have been scammed too although I am still waiting for a response from PayPal. I ordered a console table and paid a little over $66. The small package came today, which is about the size of my hand, and it is literally just a piece of cloth! Not even a stitched piece of cloth that could be identified as something but an actual piece of extra cloth!
Login to Me Too

erugs
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me, though I had ordered a cat litter box, which was never received. I complained to PayPal and they said they contacted the sender, who said it had been delivered. Why does PayPal believe them and not me? Since then I have received several packages to a Mr. Greene at my address and none of the items were things we ordered. The latest two arrived today and we can't figure out what the items are used for.

Login to Me Too

Ha-ha345
I received a green tea face mask bar from PS Lightweight. I looked them up on google & found you.
Login to Me Too

Loop35
This just happened to me Ordered 2 swinging camp chairs. Got 2 miniature (literally) fishing stool chairs? Same po box.
Login to Me Too

JericaB

Yeah...it took a month, but I finally got the clothes I ordered from a site that looked legitimate. Had reviews and all that. On my PayPal account, the company appears Chinese. I could find no trace of what I had originally ordered anywhere and the site is gone, as well. The good thing is 3 out of the 4 items appear correct. The half-incorrect dress is definitely missing the part that makes it NOT SEE THROUGH lol, but I can use it as a bathing suit coverup. I tried to see where the company is listed on the packaging, but it's just listed as "PARCEL SELECT." Just wanted to contribute to this thread, so less people feel alone. Guess we gotta be more careful, even though it's so hard to tell sometimes. 

Login to Me Too

RHCJWC
New Community Member

I just received a package exactly as others described. It included a Intelligent Health Bracelet, i12 wireless ear buds, and a 50% off coupon with a coupon code and a website<removed>. I would never order these because I have macular degeneration and cannot see those small screens; wear hearing aids that are paired to all my devices so would not use ear buds and, since I don’t know who this website belongs to, I will not open it. I am now going to hit the computer and make sure there are no charges on any account that I don’t recognize. I hope someone can figure out who is doing this and catch them. Also, I am quite elderly and would be curious to see how many other senior citizens they have targeted. 

Login to Me Too

me_too_really
Just cause you receive a package doesnt mean it's what you ordered PayPal did the same thing to me I ordered a oversized bean bag and I received a small pillow
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.