Scam by using a PO box to send a cheap item not ordered without identifying who it is from

lowack
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a camping chair and bag for $26.00.  Months later, I received a miniature camping chair bag from <removed>.  The vendor of this package was not identified anywhere on the package.   When I put in a claim for not receiving the camping chair, PayPal denied my claim, stating the vendor showed proof of me receiving the item.  The tracking number was the same as the miniature version of a camping bag I received from the CA post office box.   This is a scam used by several scammers and they use the same post office box.  If you google the PO box, you will see the scam.  PayPal has closed my claim not in my favor.  What recourse do I have?

Login to Me Too
51 REPLIES 51

Dublin22
Are PayPal not refunding you either ? No wonder there are so many scammers, there getting away with it & we're the one's loosing out, having our hard earned money stolen from us
Login to Me Too

Chuckers611
Contributor
Contributor

I just received to blue cheap face masks from this address. Unfortunately, I am not sure which order it is. Ugh. But glad I found this page. 

Login to Me Too

Chuckers611
Contributor
Contributor

Update... I am thinking it's from one of two companies. Are the vendors in question allowed to be posted here to see if anyone else has the same vendor? 

Login to Me Too

New Community Member
I ordered a 450 pc tool box and tools and received 1- socket, 8mm... This is illegal and they should be removed from PayPal site...
Login to Me Too

Rcotters7
Contributor
Contributor

<Removed address>

Login to Me Too

Laggy18
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing just happens to me! I foolishly purchased what I thought was a small automatic hand saw for the garden that I saw on Facebook. I thought $30 was a bit too good to be true for what the video showed, but I ordered anyway. Today arrived something that looks like a large pocket knife. It took me a while to figure out why it was sent to me since it’s so NOT what I ordered. Total scam!! Want to get my money back on principle!!
Login to Me Too

jancar1699
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing just happens to me! I foolishly purchased what I thought was a small automatic hand saw for the garden that I saw on Facebook. Today arrived something that looks like a large pocket knife. It took me a while to figure out why it was sent to me since it’s so NOT what I ordered. Total scam!!
Login to Me Too

Temp20210430b
Contributor
Contributor
I finally found the name of the online retailer for that po box addy., it's Aetertek online retailer
Login to Me Too

Temp20210430b
Contributor
Contributor
Everyone should file a complaint with the Federal DOJ and make sure you tell them that Facebook is allowing these scammers to cheat people out of their $$$ . it's time that fb take responsibility for some of this since they are getting something out of it like $$$ .
Login to Me Too

So stupid! Happened to me too!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.