Scam by using a PO box to send a cheap item not ordered without identifying who it is from

lowack
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a camping chair and bag for $26.00.  Months later, I received a miniature camping chair bag from <removed>.  The vendor of this package was not identified anywhere on the package.   When I put in a claim for not receiving the camping chair, PayPal denied my claim, stating the vendor showed proof of me receiving the item.  The tracking number was the same as the miniature version of a camping bag I received from the CA post office box.   This is a scam used by several scammers and they use the same post office box.  If you google the PO box, you will see the scam.  PayPal has closed my claim not in my favor.  What recourse do I have?

Login to Me Too
51 REPLIES 51

wyms
New Community Member

Me too wake up paay pal bann these thefs

Login to Me Too

albusmc

THis happened to me with the "Groot tree" I didn't receive a tray to set the item in. I didn't receive the groot character. I didn't receive any instructions. What a scam. I hate these people who take advantage of others. Oh, and it took 3 months to arrive.

Login to Me Too

Rose426
New Community Member
I ordered 4 camping chairs and it received 4 bags to carry the chairs in.
Login to Me Too

Letse29
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a folding camping chair too and received after how many months one rubber gloves? Never again I will order something from Facebook 😡
Login to Me Too

Pfitbp
Contributor
Contributor

Me too - I'm done! Never again will a Facebook ad trick me and make me look like a fool.  I even contacted them by email, knowing by then it was a total scam, and they carried on the conversation like it was the fault of the USPS. "Just call your post office and ask about it"  That comment alone was a dead give-away. Our post office doesn't answer the phone and doesn't even have time to track down a mystery package.  Frustrating that PayPal doesn't care. I should have used my VISA and got better protection and customer service.

Login to Me Too

Chris21270

I also received something in the mail from the address (<removed>): a Deadpool key ring. Problem is, I've been ordering so much stuff the past couple months for Christmas, I have no idea what I may have been scammed out of!

Login to Me Too

Rogerjasonjx
Leave PayPal !
Login to Me Too

KristiFurmanek
New Community Member

I had the same issue! Bought a Christmas gift. It was a lantern snow globe with a snow man in it. Supposed to be white, it's brown, It wasn't cheap! Several months later, I received it yesterday, 1-4-21, it's 2 inches tall! From a <removed>

Login to Me Too

AlynLA
I ordered what was supposed to be a kit for making a casting of hands. I thought it would be nice to do with my 93 year old mother while we still had her. 2 months later I got a poorly packed package with bass of plaster of Paris, no casting bucket and no instructions... not even how much water to mix the powder with. No return address and no way to contact the seller, why was apparently in China but mailed this from California. I paid with PayPal
Login to Me Too

Temp20210117c
New Community Member
The same thing happened to me. Its just bags of white powder. It was supposed to be a gift.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.